◈ Chapter 17: Thunder Peak ◈

"...To be honest, I wasn't expecting to literally enter a storm" you said, bemused.

From the information you gathered on the map given by the mayor, the safest route that would lead to the top of Thunder Peak was a long ravine with a path so narrowed, it was impossible to have both feet on the same spot. Under you was an endless sea of firs and different types of strange bushes that sprouted there. Since the moment you arrived, it constantly rained.

You were drenched from head to toes, your body on the verge of freezing to death if it wasn't for Coco's coat and a special suit that you brought with you beforehand. The man wasn't too affected, and instead saw it as a good practice for when he will enter the Gourmet World to search for a certain ingredient. He didn't say more about it, but you guessed it was pretty important for him.

"If you want, we can take a short pause. I see a gap in the wall, probably a small cavern where we could rest" your comrade said ahead of you.

You were only allowed to move three steps forward before the ground under your feet gave up. All this rain and strong wind eroded the path you were on, sending you and Coco falling all the way down to the firs. You cried out as the branches grazed your skin while you passed through the vines and the needle-like leaves. However, your landing was softened by Coco, who groaned in pain when you fell on top of his chest. You moaned, clutching your throbbing forehead that hit the firm muscles of this handsome man. You lifted yourself, a bit dazed as you gazed down at the Heavenly King.

Said man was currently holding your thighs, red faced and contorted into a flustered mess. You realized that you were straddling Coco, and you nearly fainted on the spot when you noticed that if you moved closer, you would eventually kiss him.

"JEEZ, WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAPPEN?" you half-screamed in your mind, removing yourself carefully from the man.

"We were lucky to fall on those Cotton Marshmallows..." Coco mused, looking over his shoulder to stare at the white and fluffy bushes. "At least, for one of us..."

"I'm sorry! I can't control where I land!" you barked while the male simply grinned with his eyes closed at your pissed expression.

"Here...We can use them to cover ourselves until we find shelter"

Holding those marshmallows bushes like an umbrella, you strolled through this forest of firs and Cotton Marshmallows. At one point you reached a cave-like gap in the mountain, and decided to rest here until the storm calmed down. If it was even possible for it to slow down on the rain and the sudden gushes of wind. You prepared dishes that would fill your bellies while Coco made a fire.