◈ Chapter 31: Sacred Opal ◈

The Sacred Opal was a lone and long building standing in the middle of nowhere. Another day had passed, and now you were back with the cold temperatures of the night. At least you won't freeze your butt any longer once you arrive. Coco attached the Reservoir Camels while Aqila made her way inside. From the outside, it looked like some kind of tavern or bar. It was far from what you imagined as a place that could also serve as an inn.

But the moment you passed the doors with Coco, you were taken aback by what you found there. It was not your regular bar or tavern. It was almost a brothel. The two of you froze up, eyes widening like saucers when you caught sight of women scantily clad in dancer outfits. There was also a few men already inside, having the time of their lives with beautiful women from this region. All of them were mostly drunk, others exchanging bottles filled with unknown liquids you were scared of finding out.

 All of them were mostly drunk, others exchanging bottles filled with unknown liquids you were scared of finding out

"So? How do you find the place?" Aqila came back, wearing an outfit just like those dancers. She enrolled an arm around your waist, smirking down at you. "I hope it's not too much for your heart..."

"A-A b-brothel wasn't what I had in my mind!" spoke Coco, sweating at the looks he was receiving from the other women.

"It's no brothel, sir Coco" the young woman clicked her tongue, throwing a dirty look at the Heavenly King. "The girls don't engage into sexual activities like prostitutes. They entertain the visitors, and they cannot touch them without their consent"

"I-It's really a bar, then?" you blinked owlishly, deadpanning when a dancer blew a kiss in your way.

"It's not only a bar. Come with me, I will be your personal guide. But first, you two will need to change outfits"

"W-What?!" you shouted in unison with Coco.

You were nearly forced out of your clothes by Aqila. Once done, she handed over to you a dress that was almost similar to the dancers'. An outfit stated to be the 'traditional gown' of Bilal's townsfolk.

 An outfit stated to be the 'traditional gown' of Bilal's townsfolk