◈ Chapter 12: Misty Caverns ◈

Your eyes flickered open, turning over to check the clock's time on the wall. Almost 7:00. You yawned loudly, stretching your arms above your head as you did so. Remembering that you were sharing the room with Coco, your eyes traveled to the couch where he was resting. You bit your the inside of your cheek, seeing the blanket as slid down a bit from his waist through the night. The man was still sleeping soundly, his lips parted with a little bit of drool at the corner of his mouth.

It had a purple tint color to it, and you guessed there was poison mixed in the saliva. You continued to admire Coco in his sleep until he started to wake up. He groaned under his breath, brushing a hand over his face to erase the tiredness.

"Good morning, Coco-san" you whispered, beaming at him.

"(y/n)-chan?..." he replied inquisitively, before a small and soft smile stretched on his lips. "Did you have a good night sleep?"

"Hm" you gave a nod. "What about you?"

"Same..."

You went to the bathroom to take a quick shower while Coco changed himself in his clothes. He chuckled under his breath as he heard your soft humming inside. His eyes then lingered to the window, and his brows furrowed at something unusual. Marks were engraved into the wood from the inside, the lid barely ajar. Did someone enter the room while you both were asleep? No, he knew he would have sensed the electromagnetic waves no matter how deep his sleep was.

Coco's thoughts were interrupted as the door of the bathroom opened, and you slid out with a sheepish smile and flushed cheeks from the heat.

"I'm hungry. Do we grab something before we head to our destination?" you asked, and the Heavenly King gave a short nod.

"After you, (y/n)-chan"

The living room wasn't too lively just like yesterday, you noted as you descended the stairs with the fortune teller following close behind you. The person at the check-in, who didn't look better than a walking zombie, remained still behind the counter without even acknowledging you or Coco with a spare glance. You found this a bit rude, but you didn't comment.

However, as you passed the desk, a grunt escaped the man's lips:

"A message for the lady" he stated, emotionless. You turned to him with a brow raised.

"A message for me?" you demanded.