•Todoroki || Wait•

[edit 5/2/19: spelling/grammar]

Sorry this request took so long; I ended up rewriting it about 5 times;;

Requested by: Prophecy_Girl

This is angst, so if you don't like depressing themes, skip!

Silence.

Not a sound was made from either of the two as they stand there, facing each other. Y/N had just confessed all of her feelings. She confessed her love to the seemingly emotionless boy in front of her.

Her eyes are screwed shut tight, refusing to make eye contact. She's ready for the worst, yet hoping for the best. However, neither comes.

Instead, she slowly opens her eyes to see the half and half boy staring, eyes wide in shock. The girl, however, took it as a bad thing. She lowers her head, her last shred of dignity leaving.

"I'm sorry... for wasting your time." She bows respectfully and turns around, slowly walking away.

'Come on' she thinks, 'chase after me...' her vision becomes blurry with unshed tears. Finally, after walking a bit away, she realizes that he's not going to chase her. She's not in some lovey dovey romance film. Things aren't going to work out for her.

She takes off running, her destination unknown. All she knows is that she has to get away from him. Fast.

———

She doesn't know when, but somewhere along the way the tears just stopped. She no longer feels the heartbreak of the events that happened earlier. She's just... numb.

The only thing on her mind is how she screwed everything up. She was finally getting somewhere with him, but of course, she just had to scare him away.

His silence keeps coming back throughout the day. Her mind constantly picturing the look on his face. She can't get rid of it, and it's slowly tearing her up from the inside.

———

The days at school seemed to drag by. Her classmates notice the girl's sudden mood change, trying to piece together what the cause of her depressive episode is.

Unknown to them, the cause was right in front of them, sitting at the lunch table, silently listening.

"What could've caused this?" Midoriya asked, mostly to himself, before going off in his own world. His mumbles filled the table as they too wondered the cause.

"Todoroki." Iida's voice speaking out to the boy startled him. Todoroki glances up at the class president, waiting for him to continue. "Do you have any idea?"

"Well-"

"It must be a boy!" Uraraka suddenly exclaims, as if she found the cure to cancer. "That must be it! It's so obvious, how did I not realize sooner?"

"What? Would Y/N really get that upset over some boy?" Iida asks skeptically. 

"Not just any boy-" she freezes mid sentence. Her eyes momentarily lock with Todoroki's. "On second thought, I'll just talk to her. Don't worry guys, I'll figure this out!" With that said, the brown haired girl rushes away from the table.

Confused glances are shared, everyone trying to piece together what just happened. Everyone except Todoroki.

———

Uraraka has a vague idea of where to go. Based on the movies she's seen, girls usually always lock themselves in the bathroom. Now a new problem arose: which one.