•Sero || Christmas Specials 10•

Okay- I'm currently crying over Assassination Classroom (if you haven't seen it, go watch it. its amazing) but I'm determined to write a story. Only 15 more to go-

Flame

She stared at the fire in front of her; watching the smoke slowly flow up the chimney. She takes a look to her left to see a black haired male, eyes half closed. She smiles to herself before turning back to the fire.

The flame dances over the wood, completely captivating. The flame reflects in her beautiful E/C eyes. She loses herself in the flame, where the blue turns to orange, then to yellow. She can't help but stare at the masterpiece. 

She glances just above the fire to see the stockings; one for her, one for Sero. This will be the third Christmas they spend together. Each year they've sat on the same couch, watching the same flame - until Sero falls asleep. Y/N chuckles lightly at the thoughts, causing Sero to open one eye and look curiously at her.

"What're you laughing at?" He asks sleepily.

"Nothing. The flame just makes me think." She smiles at him before turning her attention back to the fire.

"It's a nice flame, isn't it?" Sero asks, sitting up and wrapping an arm around the girl.

"Yeah. Too bad it can't last forever." She smiles and rests her head on his shoulder.

"Nothing good can. That's why we got to enjoy it before the flame goes out." He kisses her cheek before pulling her down with him. He has his back on the couch and she's on her stomach on top of his chest.

"Hmm?" She hums, looking up into his eyes. Those eyes. She can see herself in them, and she loves it.

"Nothing, love." Sero smiles before pecking her lips. "I love you, you know?" He says, running his hands through her hair.

"And I love you." She leans up and kisses him. The simple kiss turns passionate, and she can feel the flame. She feels the fire burning inside her getting brighter and brighter. They pull away and stare lovingly into each others eyes.

"This," Sero says, taking her hand in his, "is the one flame you can count on never going out. Not as long as I live." He smiles and kissed her nose.

"It'll live on. The flame in our hearts." Y/N whispered, laying her head down.

"Hey, Y/N?" Sero says, sounding a bit scared.

"Yeah?" She asks curiously.

"Get up for a second.." He mumbles. She listens and sits up and stands to the side of the couch, he does the same.

"What is it?" She asks as he walks right in front of the fire.

"I need to do this now. I know we're still young, and just got into college, but this is something that I can't wait for." He smiles, getting down on one knee. Y/N covers her mouth as she watches, "Y/N.. You are my light. Every year we sit in front of this fire, on this very couch. I want to do this every year- no, every single day. I want to wake up with you right next to me for the rest of my life.

"Y/N... You've lit the flame in my heart. And that fire will never go out, as long as I have you." He paused, looking into her eyes and opens the box to reveal a silver ring with a snowflake engraving on one side of the diamond, and a fire on the other.

"Hanata..." Y/N says with tears falling down her face.

"Will you.. Be my forever flame and marry me?" He finally asks, not taking his eyes off her face.

"Y-yes. Yes!" She says through tears. He slides the ring onto her finger and stands up and hugs her tightly. 

There they are.

Two souls.

One flame.

The one flame that will last an eternity.

And the two souls that will be together for life.

>>>>><<<<<

634 Words

Sorry, this is bad. I had no idea what to write so I was just winging it. I heard a song and heard the word "flame" so I thought, why not? Anyways, hope you enjoyed this short fluff :)