•Midoriya || To Be A Hero•

"Hey you, hero wannabe!" A girl says, walking over with her group of friends. "How's a quirkless nobody going to be a hero, huh?" She taunts. The smaller girl, Y/N, sits quietly on the bench, listening to the insults.

"If that's all you have to say, then move on. You've said it a hundred times before, always the same. So come back when you've got something different to say." Y/N snaps, finally having enough of the tormenting.

"Awe, little dogs got a bark!" The girl teases, her friends laughing behind her.

"Awe, the girl learned another insult! If you can even call it that." Y/N spits.

"Okay, whatever loser." The girl says back and walks away.

"Loser? That's the best she has?" Y/N mumbles to herself.

"Y/N! Hey!"

"Huh?" She turns around to see the green haired boy she calls her best friend. "Izuku!" She says happily.

"Y/N!" He stops in front of her only for her to run up closer and hug him tightly. "Is it those girls again?" He questions once he sees that she's shaking.

"Yeah. Most of the stuff she says is from grade school. There was just one thing-" She cuts herself off, letting tears fall. Izuku notices and hugs her tighter, laying his head on hers.

"What did she say?" He asks softly.

"She told me I can't be a hero. I can't be a hero because-" She can't bring herself to finish. She's been told this a million times before, but it only makes her feel worse.

She always wanted to be a hero, since her parents are pros. They wanted her to follow the same path and she wanted to be a hero too. But as she grew older, everyone else got their quirks. Everyone except her and Midoriya. They became best friends, having the same dream that felt so far away. She got picked on by a bunch of girls in her class, while Izuku got picked on by Bakugo. They always found comfort in each other every time that happens.

Until one day he got his quirk. She felt so alone, of course this didn't go unnoticed by those girls who always pick on her. They bullied her more, the same insults over and over again. But there was only one that stuck out.

"I can't be a hero because I don't have a quirk." She finally says. Izuku sighs into her hair, wishing he could stop them, wishing she could have the same fate as him. But he knows that won't happen.

"Y/N, I'm-" he cuts himself off, thinking back to the time when he asked his mom if he could be a hero, how disappointed he was after she said she's sorry.

"Huh?" She asks, looking up at him.

"No, let me restart." He pauses, pushing her back but holding onto her shoulders. "It doesn't matter if you have a quirk or not. You don't need a quirk to be a hero. A hero isn't someone with some superpowers, because those superpowers could be used for villains.

"Sure, quirks make the heroes jobs easier, but in reality, it's what's in your heart. They can be some of the strongest people ever, have the strongest quirk ever, but that doesn't make them a hero.

"What makes them a real hero," he looks directly into her eyes, cupping her cheek, "is how much they help others. Real heroes don't let anyone stop them from helping others. Whether it be from a villain, or from their own negative thoughts. A real hero will reach out to make someone else happy. They'll put others first, they won't stop until they see that smile.

"So, Y/N, do you still think you can't be a hero?" He asks.

"I-Izuku.." More tears form in her eyes, she brings her hand up to his that's on her face, "Thank you." She says. He leans in a little, almost closing the space before pausing.

"If anything, you're my hero. You helped me when everyone said I couldn't do it. You've been there for me for as long as I can remember. So, thank you." He finishes, leaning in and finally kisses her. She wasn't expecting him to say those words. They showed another light, another chance for her to be who she wants to be:

A hero.

>>>>><<<<<
~729 Words~

A/N: Sorry the chapters are slightly shorter, I tried to extend them as much as possible but end up reaching a good stopping point before the 1000 words
mark. Anyways, I'll try to write longer, unless you guys prefer shorter. Thanks for reading ❤️