•Todoroki || Tell Me•

Readers quirk: Shards. Reader produces glass-like shards from their skin. These shards can be taken off, or shot to the readers target. They can appear wherever the reader sees necessary. Drawback: Leaves many cuts on skin if it's used more than an hour.

❄️ 🔥 ❄️ 🔥 ❄️

Y/N. Her face, her e/c eyes.. Her bright smile she wore every day to class. He loved it all. He loves the way her eyes crinkle the slightest when she gives a big beautiful smile. He loves how she always seems happy.

That's just it. She seems happy. A few months after school started, Todoroki noticed slight changes in her behavior. She no longer walked in with a bright smile. Her eyes didn't crinkle at the sides when she smiled. Because it was always a fake one now. She thought no one noticed, but he did.

He noticed it all.

One day, he finally decided to confront her.

"Hey, L/N? Can you meet me at the entrance after school? it's kind of important."

"Oh, sure Todoroki." She says while giving her best - fake - smile. Todoroki looks at her for a second, before copying her fake smile. She turns around and gets back to work on her homework.

"Y/N! Was that Todoroki talking to you? What was it about?!" Uraraka jumps up and down while swinging her arms in a low circle.

"He just said to meet him at the entrance. It's supposedly important. But I have no clue what it's about." Y/N says while playing with her pencil, avoiding eye contact.

"He likes you." Mina suddenly appears, looking Y/N right in the eyes. At first, she looks mad. The H/C haired girl visibly gulps, and Mina jumps up while saying "OTP OTP OTP!" She then sprints away to her seat. Aizawa walks in and mumbles something about naps and cats.

The lessons continue, as they usually would. Bakugo yelling at Deku, Kirishima going on about being manly, Mineta talking about touching Momo's chest, and her running away. But the most important thing, to Shouto, was the way that the E/C eyed girl's smile kept getting smaller and smaller. He wished that the day would hurry up and be over with so he could hopefully get to the bottom of it.

Luckily, the rest of the day flew by in a heartbeat.

Y/N was finishing up packing her things, and then headed out to the entrance. But her mind was elsewhere. She was zoning out, staring partly at the floor. She mindlessly opened the door, only to have it hit someone on the head who was standing outside of it.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, Todoroki! I didn't see you there! Are you okay? Do you need to go to-" She was cut off by the red and white haired boy hugging her. She was shocked and stood there, not moving.

"I want to know everything," Todoroki whispered, "why are you faking your smiles? More importantly," He continues, pulling away but keeping his hands on her shoulders, "why do you feel the need to fake those smiles?" He asks, staring intently into her eyes.

That's all it takes. The bottle she had her emotions in breaks. Shatters. She breaks down in his arms, falling onto his chest. She clutched his shirt while sobbing on him. He just stands there, and hugs her again, resting his head on hers.

"No one noticed. I didn't want anyone to notice. I didn't want to bring people into my problems. I just.. Just.. Don't want to let people see how weak I really am. My.. My m-" she can't finish as she hiccups and sobs more.