*flashback

sabrina stood with an expression of absolute terror on her face as she watched the dark liquid seep through the white fabric on her bosses chest.

although she'd come to understand that his hard demeanour was just a facade, he was still her boss, and she couldn't risk losing this job opportunity.

his eyes gave away his emotions - he could shout at her so brutally and his eyes would betray the emotion he tried to convey.

"sir, i am so sorry i didn't mean it," she began frantically wiping the shirt with the sleeve on her dress staining her clothing instead.

she was pleasantly surprised when his hands wrapped around her wrist, quickly pushing them off him, her eyes instantly snapped to look at the physical contact he was giving to her. tingles forming under his touch and a swarm of butterflies flooding in her stomach, this was the first time they'd had any type of physical contact and sabrina's heart thumped rapidly under her rib cage at it.

she looked up to study his facial expression, he looked just as shocked as she did, she felt shock from the touch, but the fact that he hadn't bothered to move yet shocked her more. his eyes were glued to his hands, his grip once harsh from ripping them off his chest had softened by a mile.