Jail

I sat down in the cold chair, waiting for the guards to bring back Gilmher. I was playing with my polished nails until I heard a light tap on the glass in front of me. Gilmher stood there in the orange suit that we both hated. We both picked up the phone that was on the wall.

"Hey" Gilmher spoke with a weak smile.

"Hi," I said, returning a smile. "I-I'm gonna get paid this week" I told him.

"So you almost have all the bail money?" he asked and I nodded. "Good, I can't wait to get out and kiss you, love you, touch you" he winked, causing me to giggle.

"Me too," I said, my smiled slowly disappearing. "I miss you a lot" I placed my hand on the glass and looked at him.

"I know, I know" he sighed, placing his hand on the glass too.

"Croes, your time is up" the guard said, standing by his chair and signaling to put the phone up.

"This is our last visit, like in here?" Gilmher asked, raising his eyebrows as I nodded.

"I love you, Gilmher" I stated, removing my hand from the glass.

"I love you too" he told me before the guard took the phone out of his hand and hung it up for him.

He forced Gilmher to stand up as I hung up the phone on my side. I stood up and looked at Gilmher before they took him through the doors that led to the cells that the prisoners were held in.

"Once I get paid, imma come here and get you out, I promise!"