"yeah."

"i did like him though don't get me wrong, with those eyes how could i not," she joked, "it's just a not right now kind of situation."

"how did he take it?" penelope asked.

"well i told him on saturday and he seemed fine with it but he won't take my calls or anything so not too good i'm guessing?" penelope nodded understanding.

"he'll come around."

"hopefully."

after getting caught up and eating the two girls decided to go back to penelopes, the time getting onto six o'clock.

"you had any more word off your parents on if you can come live with me?" penelope questioned as they lounged around on her sofa.

charlotte huffed, "no they're adamant that if i move out of their home it be on my own and out of my own pocket. they said it's too easy for me to live here."

penelope groaned knowing her parents would never change their mind.

they ate ice cream and chatted for the next few hours.

making jokes and talking nonsense was their specialty. that was until the phone rang rudely interrupted them.

penelope stood quickly knowing it'd probably be john.

"hello?" she answered picking it up.

"penelope! it's john," he replied loudly down the phone. she heard muffles and whispers down the other end.

"is everything okay?" she stifled a laugh referring to the background noise.

"yeah sorry, i'm with george and stu at the minute and they won't piss off for me to talk to you," penelope then heard a voice say back, "we'll piss off when you've asked her so stu can invite astrid as well so she's not the only girl."

john said back "i will if you'll give me two minutes alone!"

the whispers died down and john said to her, "sorry, again. i was wondering if you would like to come to the park tomorrow, to the courts and that, we're gonna have a kick about with drinks and what not."

penelope really enjoyed the sound of spending the day with that company but she could only think of charlotte.

"i don't know john, i'm with charlotte and i don't want to leave her."

"well bring her."

"have you heard she's not with paul anymore?" penelope quizzed quietly so charlotte wouldn't hear.

"yeah i did. look i get if she says no, but at least ask her yeah? i don't even know if paul is coming yet."

"who else is going?"

"just who i've mentioned, ringo and he's gonna ask maureen."

"okay i'll ask and if she says no i'll call you, but if she says yeah i'll meet you at the park entrance, what time?"

"eleven, can't wait to see you beautiful."

penelope blushed, "you too john, bye."

they hung up and penelope walked back into charlotte who was flicking through a magazine on the coffee table.

"was that john?" she teased.

"yeah, him and the boys are planning a day at the park tomorrow, at the courts and whatever with drinks whilst the weather is still nice, you fancy going? i completely understand if you don't want to, me and you can just-"

"shut up pen, i wanna go. look if anything gets awkward i'll leave i promise,"

"i don't want to put you in that position charl,"

"you're not. i am. i love you pen but you worry too much, we'll have a good time."

"okay."