Malia

Both Stiles and I held flashlights as we walked through the woods. This was becoming too much of a repeating habit for the three of us. What good has ever some from us looking for a body in the woods?

"You know, if my Dad's right, that means there's another WereWolf in town that we haven't met yet." Stiles says as we walked.

"I know." Scott said, looking at the map on his phone.

"If it turns out to be something like triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that." Stiles sighs.

"Well, then don't jinx it." I said glaring at him. "I've had more than enough surprises."

"Let's hope not." Scott said. "Especially if I can't even control my own transformation anymore."

We heard some sort of animal howling, and Stiles grabbed onto Scott's arm, making him drop his phone down some rocks below us, into some water. Scott looks over at him annoyed.

"Sorry, buddy..." Stiles says. "I hate Coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."

Scott hopped down over the rocks, and I did the same, flashing the light to his phone in the puddle. I hear rocks falling, and I see Stiles stumbling down behind us. I roll my eyes, and Scott wipes all the mud off his phone.

"It still works." He said looking back down at the map.

"Let me see the flashlight." Stiles asked me.

I handed it over to him, and he pointed it to the side, up ahead we could see something metallic. "I think we found it." Stiles said walking towards it.

Scott and I followed him, and he was right. A few feet away, was an old overturned car.

"Why wouldn't they remove it? Isn't it evidence?" Scott asked.

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out." I said flashing the light at the windows.

"Look at this." Stiles said moving closer, his hand touching the side of the car. His hand matching up to some scratches perfectly. They were claw marks. "Animal claws would be closer together, right? A lot closer?"

I put my hand up to the marks, dragging my fingers across the lines. "Then it was a WereWolf." I said.

"So my dad was right." Stiles said. He moved closer to the ground, looking through the windows of the car.

"What is that?" Scott asked.

Stiles reached inside the car, pulling out a dirty baby doll. That wasn't creepy at all. Stiles shined the light on it, staring at it.

"I'm hungry." A static voice comes from the doll. Stiles screams, dropping the doll. Scott and I jumped back, and I dropped the flashlight.

"I think I just had a minor heart attack..." Stiles sighs.

My ears pick up on some growls coming from beyond the car. I look over, and I can see two blue eyes staring at us from the trees.

"Uh, guys..." I said nervously. The two of them look over. "Please tell me you see that."

"I see it." Scott says.

The eyes disappear, and Scott takes off after it. "Scott, wait!" Stiles and I call after him.

I groan, looking back at Stiles, and then taking off after them. I forgot to grab the flashlight I dropped, so I had to rely on my other set of eyes.

I heard Scott's feet a moment ago, but they were gone. Where did he go? I ran in the direction he took off in, but I wasn't hearing anything.

"Scott?" I called out after a minute. I stopped, looking around at the trees. They all looked the same, I had no idea where I was.

"Scott!" I called out again. "Stiles?"

"Kara." I heard a voice, but it wasn't Scott's.

"Evan?" I asked, whipping my head around.

There he was, standing just feet away from me. "What the hell are you doing out here?" I demanded. "I thought you were back at home-"

"I am." He smirked, walking up to me.

"What?" I said confused.

Before I realized what was happening, Evan pulled out a dagger, stabbing it straight into my stomach. I screamed out in surprise, grabbing hold of his arms.

"What- are you doing?" I gasped.

"What I should've done a long time ago." He sneered, twisting the knife deeper.

"AHH! Please, stop!" I screamed.

"Kara!" Evan yelled. "Kara! This isn't real!"

"KARA!" Evan's voice changed, it sounded more like Stiles.

I didn't stop screaming, not even when I realized I was on the ground with Stiles wrapping his arms around my body from behind me. He just held me as I screamed.

"It- it felt so real..." I whispered after I'd calmed down.

"You were just hallucinating." Stiles assured me. "It wasn't real."

"It wasn't real."

Stiles and I went back to the crash, on the way, we stumbled upon a coyote den. Which we think belonged to Malia. Scott told us he saw her up close. It kinda made sense now. But now, the den and the woods surrounding it was swarming with deputies.

"You sure it was her?" The Sheriff asked us.

"I looked her right in the eyes." Scott told him. "And they glowed just like mine."

"It makes sense, Dad." Stiles backed him up.

"But it wasn't a girl. It was a four legged coyote, right?" He asked.

"Well, okay." Stiles stuttered. "But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't exactly have figured out yet."

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened." I tried to help convince him.

"Horrible things could've happened." Stiles said. "Ripping shredding, tearing things."

"Which is probably what caused the accident." Scott said.

"Think about it, Dad, all right." Stiles says. "They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies..."

"Except for Malia." Scott says.

"She blames herself, all right," Stiles continues. "Goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote."

"Well that makes sense." Sheriff Stilinski sighs. "In a Chinese folktale!"

"This is... this is insane." He shakes his head. "I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this."

Another police car pulls up and The Sheriff just shakes his head. "Oh hell..."

Out stepped Scott's Dad with Mr. Tate, walking up towards us and the den. Mr. Tate's eyes immediately went to the blanket the Sheriff was holding that we found in the den. He takes it from him, caressing it in his hands.

"Mr. Tate?" Agent McCall asks.

"It's hers..." He confirms.

"All right." Agent McCall nods. "Wait here."

"Dad- wait." Scott stopped him.

"I'll talk to you in a minute." He tells him. "I wouldn't mind hearing how your mom's okay with you running around in the woods this late."

Scott sighed, and his dad walked right past him, up to the den. This night kept getting better and better...