We're Not Crazy

"I thought it was just me." I said glancing at Stiles.

"Well, I'm not being violently murdered by my friends in any of my nightmares, but, I think you're right. Whatever we did that night, it's still affecting us." Stiles said, holding his backpack straps closer to his chest.

"Have you told your Dad?" I asked.

"No," Stiles scoffed. "You told yours?"

"Good point." I said looking away.

"What the..." Stiles whispers.

I look up and see Scott running down the concrete stairs, looking fearfully at the shadow of his body. Stiles and I ran over, meeting him at the bottom. He didn't see us until I grabbed his arm, forcing him to look at us instead of the shadow.

"Hey, are you okay?" Stiles asked him. Scott nods, but neither of us buy it. "Well you don't look alright, Scott."

"I'm okay." Scott speaks.

"No, you're not." I shook my head. "It's happening to you too, you're seeing things, aren't you?"

"How'd you know?" Scott asks with confusion.

"Because it's happening to all four of you." Lydia's voice approaches from behind us, making Stiles and I turn around. Allison with her.

"Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one." Lydia said with a smirk as we headed inside the school.

"We are not crazy." Allison tells her.

"Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine." Lydia says sarcastically.

"We did die and come back to life." Scott points out. "That's gotta have some side effects, right?"

The bell echo's through the halls, and students in the hall begin to file into the classrooms. "We keep an eye on each other." Scott suggests. "Okay?"

We all nod, and Stiles gives Lydia a look as we pass by her. "And, Lydia, stop enjoying this so much."

Scott, Stiles and I had our first period together, so I took a seat beside Stiles, and Scott sat behind him. There wasn't a lot of tension between Scott and I. We still hadn't talked about what was going on between us, but there were more pressing issues so I figured I could put it off for a little longer.

I grabbed my history book from my bag, and plopped it down on the desk. Then at the same moment, Evan took the seat in front of me.

"Uh, Evan?" I asked, making him turn around in his seat. "What are you doing here?"

"I told you the other week, they're bumping up all my classes." Evan smiled proudly. "AP freshmen classes are too easy."

"I barely passed my freshman year-" Stiles said, his mouth gaping open.

"It's easier to study when you're not trying to fight a pack of Alpha Werewolves." Evan shrugged.

"All right, easy there, Einstein." I rolled my eyes.

"Good morning, everyone." A male voice said, entering the classroom. "My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous history teacher."

Yeah, because the last one was murdered in sacrifice by a Darach. Kinda hard to forget, when almost half the school's staff has been murdered by now.

"My family and I moved here three weeks ago." Mr. Yukimura continued. "I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira. Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought home a friend for that matter."

A thud comes from the back row, and everyone in the class turns around. A girl with long dark hair hitting her forehead on the desk.

"Either way, there she is." Mr. Yukimura says.

Kira slowly lifts her head, smiling awkwardly at the rest of the class. She looks extremely shy and uncomfortable. But still gives a small smile, despite a few of the students giggling at her. Poor girl. I turn back towards the front, and I see Evan still looking back at her.