Sired

"So, when did you get there?" Agent McCall asked Stiles.

"At the same time." Stiles answered.

"Same time as who?" Agent McCall pushes him for more information.

"As me." Scott spoke.

"And me." I added.

I shifted on the couch next to him, crossing my arms and legs. I hadn't seen Scott's Dad for a while, but every time I did it was a nice confirmation of what a dick he was.

"By coincidence?" He asked.

"What do you mean by coincidence?" Stiles furrowed his brows.

"That's what I'm asking the two of you. The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?" He asked again.

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles glanced at us.

"I think he's asking the both of you." Lydia commented.

"Well he could be asking me." I chimed in.

"Okay, let me answer the questions-" Agent McCall quickly misspoke. ".... Let me, ask, the questions."

I could see my Dad and Stiles's behind the sheriff's desk, carefully watching us. I couldn't tell if he was amused or irritated. Maybe both. We couldn't exactly tell McCall the truth, so why not have fun with it?

"Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intention of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles nods.

"How'd you know he'd take her to a power station?" Agent McCall questioned.

"Well, cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" Stiles asked, his voice heavily filled with sarcasm.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." He said, like he was fishing for something more.

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles says, winking over to his father.

The sheriff lets out a little snort, to which Agent McCall sends him back a look.

"Stiles, just ah.... Answer the man."

"We made a good guess." Stiles shrugs.

"What were the two of you doing?" Agent McCall shifts his gaze to Kira and Evan.

"Eating pizza." Evan answers, at the same time Kira says. "Eating Sushi."

"Eating Sushi."

"Eating pizza." The two of them change their explanations.

"Eating Sushi, and pizza." They both finally say.

"You believe this?" McCall asks, turning back to our dads.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak." The sheriff sighs. "But, I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" Agent McCall asks her. She glances at all of us before giving a slow nod.

"Yes." She says. "Can I have my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no." He shakes his head. She eyes the evidence bag on the desk containing her phone, almost sadly.

Kira's dad came to get her, and as soon as Scott's dad left with him my dad finally walked over to us.

"You're both okay?" He asked, folding his arms.

"I'm all healed..." I answered. "And Evan might have a concussion... but other than that, yes. We're okay."

"Okay..." He nodded after a minute. "Good Job."

"Good j....." Evan seemed to be at a loss for words, especially Stiles, who's jaw dropped to the floor.

"You saved that girl. Good job." He repeated.

I had to admit, this was kind of surreal. My father. Who once grounded me just for going into the woods at night, was congratulating me for taking on a mass murderer.

My lips pulled into a smile, and I let out a small laugh. "Thanks." I smiled.

"I also, you know... helped...." Stiles added.

"Good job, Stiles." I laughed, patting his shoulder.

"I have some paperwork to finish up," Dad said, handing me the car keys. "The two of you get home before your mother worries."

"Ok." I answered, standing up to give him a quick hug. Stiles high fives me on the way out the door, then we walk out of the station to the car.

"He said, good job." Evan said in disbelief. "Can you believe that?"

"Honestly, no." I laughed, getting inside the car.

The second I turned the car on, Evan looked around the parking lot. "Where's Scott?" He asked.

"His mom already picked him up, why?" I asked, giving him a weird look.

"Because, of this." Evan ripped open his bag pulling out an old book.

"Is that from our library?" I questioned.

"Yes," He says, flipping it open to a bookmarked page. "I've been doing, a lot, of reading, and I came across something you really should see."

He hands me the book, and I hesitantly take it from him, peering down at a few underlined passages.

"What is this?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Just- read it." Evan insisted.

"Okay- fine." I sighed, looking back down. "As Guardians soul purpose, to protect one's pack. The urge to preserve one's Alpha is far stronger. Not exactly news, Evan."

"Keep reading." He tells me. I rolled my eyes before looking back down.

"In some cases, a Guardian's who create strong bonds with their Alpha's may become Sired. Their instinct to serve their Alpha's becoming the utmost desire." I read it, but I didn't quite understand what it meant at first. "Utmost desire? What does that mean?" I asked in confusion.

"It means, Scott can make you do anything, tell you to do anything." Evan explained. "And you'll let him."

"Evan-" I laughed, closing the book. "That's absolutely ridiculous."

"Think about it, okay? You started dating Derek when he became an Alpha, right?" He questioned.

"Well, yes but-"

"And when he gave up his Alpha powers to save Cora, is when you two broke up. The EXACT same time Scott becomes an Alpha and you get involved with him-"

"Stop- Evan, this is stupid." I shook my head, closing the book. "That's all coincidence."

"How can you be sure?" He asked.

"Because I know I'm not some slave," I scoffed. "I went against Derek's wishes plenty of times when we was an Alpha."

"Have you gone against Scott's?"

I thought back to when Scott lost control at school just a few days ago. I wanted so badly to help him, but he commanded me to stay back. Even back at the distillery, I was going to kill Jennifer to save our parents, until he told me to stop. But- that doesn't mean anything, it doesn't mean I'm Sired to him. He wasn't even an Alpha yet.

"No." I lied.

"No?" Evan asked doubtfully.

"No." I insisted, giving him a hard glare. "Just, drop it."