Electrifying

I spent the entire night watching his door. The chair got super uncomfortable within the first hour, so I spent some time pacing around, but that eventually led me back to the chair.

I couldn't shake this feeling that we were missing something. Something important. Stiles closed the door in his mind, so why were these symptoms showing up again?

I think it was around mid morning when my mind finally caved and I slept. The chair was still pretty uncomfortable, but not enough to make me want to go home.

When I did wake again, I could tell hours had passed. I sat up a little, and saw a large jacket draped over me.

"Hey." Scott said. I blinked a few times, and I could see him sitting in the chair next to me.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Almost seven. My mom said you were here all night and wouldn't leave in the morning." Scott said.

"Anything new?" I asked.

"His Dad says he's been sleeping almost all day, but they're gonna take him for an mri soon." Scott informs me.

"What are they looking for?" I questioned, scrunching my face.

"He's been showing similar symptoms to his Mom..." He finally admits.

No.... this- this can't be that.

I couldn't bring myself to move, or even talk. I would've started crying if Stiles hadn't walked out at that moment. I cleared my throat and stood up at the same second Scott did. Stiles' eyes soften when he sees us.

"Hey." He manages to say tiredly. He lands his eyes on me, and can clearly see how close I am to crying.

He takes a slow step towards me, but I stop him, by moving closer and tightening my arms around his neck. He hugs me back, his arms locked around my waist. I cling to him, unable to let him go.

"Don't ever scare me like that again...." I scolded him.

He let out a small chuckle, his face leaning closer to my neck. It wasn't until we pulled apart that I noticed his Dad standing behind him.

"Stiles, ready?" Stilinski asked him, patting his shoulder.

"Yeah." Stiles nodded.

We followed them to another room, not that far. Scott and I just stayed out of the way once the doctor came in.

"I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this... or if it's not actually a misspelling..." He said, looking down at Stiles' chart.

"Just, call him Stiles." Stilinski said impatiently.

"Okay. Stiles', just to warn you, you're going to hear a lot of noise during the mri. It's due to the pulses of electricity going through the metal coils inside the machine. Uh, if you want, we can get you some earplugs or headphones..."

"Oh, no. No, I don't need anything." Stiles shakes his head.

"Hey, we're just gonna be on the other side of that window." Melissa says in a comforting tone.

"Okay." Stiles nods. The doctor leaves with Melissa and Stilisnki, leaving just the three of us.

"You know what they're looking for, right?" Stiles asks us.

"It's called frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink. It's what my mother had. It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers... and there's no cure."

"Stiles, if you have it. We'll do something." Scott says in a quiet tone. His eyes started to puff red. "I'lI do something...."

Stiles didn't say anything. I'm pretty sure he didn't know how to react to that. Scott may not have said it, but we knew what he meant. Scott pulled him in for a hug, and I stood back while they did.