Shattered Bonds

"You're nervous? Aren't you? Lydia asks, attempting to antagonize him. "You know they're coming. You know they're going to kill you."

"Well, that's exactly why I'm keeping you so close." He said grabbing her wrist.

He yanked her down the steps of the dark corridor, then forced us into what looked like just a cylinder shaped room. The only way in or out was the gate we'd come through.

"They're here!" Lydia exclaimed suddenly. "And I don't need to scream to know they're going to kill you...."

"Good!" He says inching closer to her face. "Because now we can have some real fun."

He let go of her arm for the moment and approached me. His eyes danced around me. He stalked around me, leaning close from behind me. He set his hands on either side of my arms, pinning me in place, so his lips brushed against my ear.

"You know what to do...." he whispered.

I did. I knew exactly what he wanted me to do. I struggled to keep my composure, I was so sure I'd burst into tears when I saw them.

I was glad to at least be free from his touch. I walked around him and back through the gate. My only chance was for them to kill me before I killed them. Please, please let them kill me....

I knew exactly what tunnels to take, and within a minute I was back outside in the cold night air. Across the front of the building I could see them.

Isaac, Evan, Allison and Kira. They were also accompanied by Kira's mom, but it didn't look like they were on the same side.

"You need to leave." I said, making my presence known.

"Not without you." Evan said determined. I noticed he had a bow in his hands like Allison, but I knew he was no match for me, still too inexperienced.

"Then we'll both die." I shook my head.

Kira's mom looked around panicked, then opened the palm of her hand. A single firefly resting in her palm. It's light flickered for a moment, before it disappeared into ash.

"Mom? What is that?" Kira asked. "What does it mean?"

"It means there's been a change in ownership." the Nogitusne said from behind me. I turned my head, and the Oni stood beside him obediently. "Now they belong to me."

The Oni raised their swords, and wasted no time attacking them. I leapt forward, charging towards them without choice.

Thankfully, Isaac went for me, which meant I didn't have to fight Evan for now. But I could tell Isaac was pulling his punches. Whereas, I had to fight more lethally.

I swiped my claws at his throat, barely missing it by a hair. Isaac grabbed my arm, and pinned it behind my back, then shoving me against the stone wall.

"We know how to take it off-" Isaac said, but his words were cut short by my elbow in his ribs.

"How?" I asked urgently. He was bent over, so I punched him in the jaw, sending him to land on his ass.

"Stiles- only Stiles can take it off." Isaac explained quickly.

"Well where the hell is he?" I demanded, kicking Isaac in the stomach.

"He thought you were inside, with Lydia..." Isaac groaned from the ground.

Isaac reached out for my foot, and pulled my legs out from under me. I fell on my side, and was able to quickly pick myself back up. Isaac got up before me, but I was faster. I ducked his attempt to grab me, and slid under his arm, cutting my claws deep in his thigh.