Breaking In

"Okay," Stiles sighs, handing Scott and I the key cards one at a time. "This one will get you into all the perimeter doors, this one into the evidence room, and this one's for my Father's office."

"You didn't steal these, did you?" I asked.

"No. I cloned them using the RFID emulator." Stiles said.

"Is that worse than stealing?" Scott raised his eyebrows.

"It's smarter." He shrugged. I couldn't help but listen to Kira and Evan's conversation a few yards away.

"You didn't tell them anything, did you? About the pictures?" Kira asked him.

"Oh no, I just said that you have some pictures of you on your phone that you didn't want anyone to see." Evan said.

"What kind of pictures?" She asked.

"Naked pictures...." He admitted after a moment.

"Oh.... good idea." She whispered.

"Okay." Stiles said, drawing my attention back. "Now almost everybody's out dealing with the blackout. But there's always somebody at the front desk. There's Dispatch and usually a night shifter or two. You guys are gonna use the service door entrance by the dumpster. Alright? Nobody uses it. Now, I'll text you if anyone comes out. But, Scott, if you guys get caught, I can't help you. My Dad's under investigation for an impeachment because of your Dad, so, if anything happens I will run and leave you both for dead."

"Understood." I nodded.

"Got it." Scott nods. "Thanks. Seriously, dude."

"I'd ask my Dad, but you know..." Stiles says.

"No, I know. I get it." Scott nodded.

"All right, just uh, hurry up." He said, shooing us away.

I lead Scott, Evan and Kira over to the entrance, swiping the card across the pad. It clicked open, and we tiptoed into the dark building.

I stopped just before turning the corner, one of the deputies walked through the offices, picking up a file, then walking back out. I motioned for the others to stay low, and we crouched under the desks to Stilinski's office. I swiped the card, and quickly shut it once they were all in.

"Here." I handed the evidence card to Evan, and stayed by the door. "I'll keep watch."

They ruffled through the dozens of evidence bags before Scott called them over in a hushed voice. "I've got it."

Kira took it out of the bag, and attempted to turn it on. The screen was black, only the image of a depleted battery sign flickering.

"It's dead, we have to take it." Kira shook her head.

"If you take it, they'll know we were here." I told her.

"How do we charge it if the power's out?" Evan asked.

"See if you can find a charger cable." Scott says. He moves over to the desk, opening the laptop.

"Got it." Evan says, pulling a cord from a drawer.

"Awesome." Kira smiles.

She plugs the cord into the computer, then her phone. "Come on..." Kira whispers, tapping her phone screen.

"Get down!" I whispered to them. Through the windows, I could see Stiles talking to Scott's dad, I assume to keep him from walking in on us.

"It's on- it's on!" Kira informed us.

"Hurry, or we're all toast." I told them.

"Okay...." Kira muttered. "Come on.... Done- it's done."

Scott closes the laptop, Evan returns the power cord, and Kira puts her phone back in evidence. I kept my eyes on Scott's dad, until the three of them were out of the room. I shut the door behind me and crawl back out just as Scott's dad walks past Stiles.

We practically ran the rest of the way out, not holding up for a second until we were outside. Stiles just walking around the other side of the building.

"We did it." I smirked, handing him the key cards.

"That was awesome!" Kira laughed. "I mean, terrifying. Completely terrifying... but kind of awesome. I've never done anything like that before. Have you?"

We all exchanged a quick glance, unsure of what to say. "Yeah, once or twice." Stiles shrugs.

"So, I guess, we should take you home." Evan says.

"Hey," I said, stopping them. "You wouldn't want to go to a party, would you?"