Monte carlo engagment

Edited

I gracefully made my way down the stairs of the plane, hand gripping the rail tightly as if it was the only security I had. The sun warming up my silky skin. Adding a golden tone to my oval face. My tense body relaxing under its warm gaze. Kilian had come ahead of me with his mother. Allegedly business related. I hadn't known whether to believe it or not. But I wasn't going to dwell on it.

A sleek pink, mustang waited for us at the bottom of my father's private plane. I had begged him to let me pick the car we were to be driven around in. He wasn't happy with the choice, but I was his darling princess.

As we all got in our driver wasted no time in driving us towards the Luscious Monte Carlo hotel where we were to stay for the next 3 days and where our engagement announcement was to take place. I was so nervous that grey clouds were swarming around me, disabling me from noticing the breath-taking surroundings of Monte Carlo. My mother and father chin wagged about the engagement. It seemed to be what everyone talked about for the past week. Besides me and Kilian. Kilian wasn't bothered and carried on like nothing was going on in his life.

I sighed as I ran my fingers through my chocolaty, marron hair. The loose curls cascading over my shoulders. My mini pink dress complimenting it perfectly. The diamonds on my neck a staple of my position in this world. One that I hadn't earned.

One we arrived at The Bella Monte Carlo. I was eager to go to my room and get changed from this ridiculously hot dress. It wasn't made for the Monte Carlo weather. Everything seemed so perfect. The blue sky the brightest blue I had ever seen. The sun seemed to be a much happier yellow and the buildings. The cream buildings stood out. They were extremely elegant. I walked up the golden steps of the hotel. Our bags already making their way in. It was exactly as I remembered it.

" Miss Perrin! Welcome again. We are extremely happy to have you here again. Mr Kilian and his mother will be waiting for you in the event room, but let's give you and your family your room keys first no?" He smiles and babbles excitingly. I remember Mr Labouff. He was an excellent owner and provided the very best for his guests. He was a funny, little bald man.

" Mr Labouff it's been a long time. How are you? How are the wife and kids?" I ask as I give the tan bald man a huge hug. He was one of my favourite people.

I was escorted into the en suite that me and Kilian were to share after the engagement announcement. I finally changed out of the dress and into a fresh pair of mint shorts and a white chiffon top. Complimenting it with a pair of mint green stilettos.

I hadn't had time to look around and admire the perfection that I was a hundred percent sure the room possessed, but Mrs Dumont and my mother were waiting and those two were and irritating, impatient pair that you did not want to keep waiting.

I made my way over to the elevator when I thought I had noticed someone familiar. Their dark brown hair and broad shoulders all too familiar. I was about to shout out their name, when tall man turned around, I gasped. It couldn't be? What was he doing here? Why was he here? There were so many questions and no answers. Someone had some explaining to do.