Bittersweet slumber

I stood in the airplane bathroom, hands on the sick as I looked at myself in the small mirror. My hazel eyes puffy and tired, my lips pink and slightly swollen. I was a sight for sore eyes. The shower running as I stared at my naked shoulders, the only part of me I could see. My mind running a million thoughts, in less than a second at a time.

I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair as I turned away, my feet touching the cold floor as I headed into the steaming shower, instantly going under the shower head, letting the hot water submerge me, as I tightly closed my eyes. Only opening them to grab the lavender shower gel. As I lather my body, rubbing and scrubbing the dirt away from my skin, as if it would erase the memories of Kilians betrayal of vows, merely two hours after our marriage had begun. It was disrespectful above everything else.

I sighed once again as I let the sounds of the shower become therapeutic. Emptying my mind as I ran the conditioner through my thirsty hair. Mentally washing away any sorrow I felt, with the rest of the dirt that went down the drain.

After a few minutes of alone time, I shut off the water and placed my feet on the cold floor once again, all the thoughts rushing back into my head as I bent over to grab my black towel, letting it caress my body, as I dried every inch of my soft skin. Wasting no time in lathering every inch with moisturiser. My skin looking silky and smooth.

Stepping into the bedroom, my eyes solely on my bag, my bag that sat waiting for me on the black carpeted floor;I ignored everything that surrounded it. All I desired were my clothes and nothing more. I grabbed my hand luggage and placed it on the bed. Opening it up as I looked for something decent to adorn my body in.

I sat on the soft bed, I felt suffocated. I was in the room where he slept with those air hostesses. The room where he willingly decided to cheat on me, dishonour our vows and destroy my optimism.

I felt something cold against my leg and reached behind me to see what the cause was, only to find a wet condom pressed against my leg. I squealed as I frantically threw it across the room, pure disgust filled my body and consumed my face, standing once again as I put on the first thing my hands could grab. My outfit coming out cute but casual. I didn't care anymore and all I wanted to do was get of this wretched plane.

 I didn't care anymore and all I wanted to do was get of this wretched plane

I heard muffled voices, behind door of the bedroom, before I walked out into the main room of the plane, eyes following me as I sat on the spacious seats

I heard muffled voices, behind door of the bedroom, before I walked out into the main room of the plane, eyes following me as I sat on the spacious seats. Finding myself looking over at the daring eyes that followed my every move, I found three guilty hair hostesses smiling at me apologetically. Sod them. I thought as saw us approaching the runway. Oranges, blues and pinks, greeted the sky as the sun rose. Hello Bali.

" We are now landing in Bali, please get ready to depart." Spoke the captain. I had forgotten about Kilian for a few puny minutes until he he emerged from captains area, a smile gracing his lips as he bid everyone a good morning, his eyes quickly stopping on me as he smiled. " Good morning bunny." He uttered, as if he hadn't just broken his useless vows. I couldn't help but eye his casual attire. I had never seen him like this, it was refreshing, sexy. My eyes scanning him, mentally scolding myself as I looked away; rage filled my every being as I turned away from him. My back towards him as I stood, the plane finally at a stop.

The air hostesses quick on their feet

The air hostesses quick on their feet. Our luggage already at the front of plane, ready to be loaded into the car that was to escort us to our honeymoon location.

We stepped out of the plane and were instantly greeted with by staff, escorting us to our vehicle. The bright blue sky welcomed us as the sun began warming up my cold skin, causing a much needed smile to grace my once frowning face.

That was until Kilian spoke beside me, his breath brushing against my face, revealing how close he was to me, causing my body to betray me and place a hideous blush upon my cheeks.

" I had had a wonderful sleep, despite the events that had occurred merely a few hours ago. I guess this was what I should've expected of you, in this dreadful marriage of ours." I stated, not even sparing him a glance as entered yet another black car.

Sitting as far from him as possible. His doleful stare burning into my skin as I put my seatbelt on. My eyes glued to the beautiful view, outside of my window. Everything outside, shone and glowed, nothing compared to it.

The gorgeous colours and the brightness of it all. It was the complete opposite of the darkness that engulfed us, on our ride to our bittersweet start. It felt as if I was in a cage. A cage that I didn't have the key to. Or so I thought. Maybe I was too lazy to try and escape. Maybe I liked the darkness. The engine roared, ripping me away from my thoughts and signalling the true start to our honeymoon. A horrible start that was; and if the incident in the plane was anything to go on by, the honeymoon would be utterly terrible.