"Home"

Brunch had gone...well as well as it could ever go when you're eating at the same table as your ex. I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair, walking through the front door shopping bags in hand. Yes retail therapy. I kicked off my heels as I entered the sitting room, slumping on the couch. The only piece of furniture that was in this sitting room at the moment.

It bothered me that my 'home' was so empty but I had a bunch of things coming in a few hours and the place was spotless so all I had to do was decorate. I'd do each room at a time. I a bed frame, a mattress and some bedroom things coming in a few hours.

Decorating was the only thing keeping my mind off of lunch. Cecilia looked really smug and kept trying to pry her nose into Killian and I's relationship. I found it rather suspicious. She kept stating things like; " I heard your honeymoon was rather eventful." " I bet you keep Killian on a tight leash, but he's a big boy he'll do as he pleases." " I'd keep a close eye on him If I were you." It had taken me a lot of Will power not to smash her face in.

We never did get along, I was the favourite grandchild and she resented that. I had been in the spotlight the moment my mother found out she was pregnant.

" I said make sure he keeps his mouth shut, you don't want me to have to deal with him. Got it!" I heard footsteps approaching the living room. I rolled my eyes as I saw Killian come into sight as he inhaled the smoke of his cigarette. I stood up grabbing my bags, his eyes finally grazing over me as he took me in, exhaling the smoke from his lips as I walked out. Heading up the wooden stairs, towards the 3rd floor where our bedroom was. I needed to put my new possessions away.

I hadn't been in here yet. I had avoided it, knowing that this was where I'd have to sleep next to that empty man. I took in a deep breath as I twisted the handle of the door, pushing it as I took in the empty bedroom. By tonight it would be furnished. I needed some kind of project and today this was mine.

Even empty the room was breathtaking, it has Columns and a gorgeous chandelier. Even on it's own it was a work of art. I smiled as I walked in, my bare feet loving the feeling of the cold floor. I made quick work with packing my clothes away in my walk in closet, away with what was already there. I would freshen up and get ready for the furniture people to come over so that we could get this room finished. I headed into en-suite.

Another breathtaking masterpiece. More columns and a rather inviting tub in the centre that was calling to me. I stripped as I bent over to turn on the tap. The swan adding a lovely touch to the gold embellishments.

I wasted no time in slipping in as the warm water rapidly filled the tub

I wasted no time in slipping in as the warm water rapidly filled the tub. I lay my head against the cold marble as I relaxed.
—————————————
I walked out onto the balcony in the nude. I didn't like using towels when I wasn't in a hurry. I preferred to air dry. So I sat on the cold marble floor of the balcony as I dried off. Enjoying the soft heat of the sun on my skin. Drying up rather quickly, and wasting no time in applying lotion to my body.