Home sweet home?

Last night hadn't ended fairly well. It was argument after argument, we both wanted to get the last word, it was ironic that here we were back in the car, back on home soil...in silence. I stared out if the window; the trees moving as we drove by, my brows furrowed and my lips pursed. I was still angry and I think I might be for a while.
________________
Last night

As the venomous words left my lips Killian gripped my chin and stared down into my furious gaze. " What did you just say?" He questioned through clenched teeth as he kept the intense eye contact.

" Fuck you." I repeated with much more anger as I snarled at him. I was sick and tired of hoping that he was still had something that he has obviously lost long ago. Love.

Love for himself, love for others but most importantly love for me.

" You have a terrible mouth. If your mother has any idea the kind of words you let slip from your lips, she'd die standing." He scoffed as he let go of my chin and walked over to the small bar we had in the kitchen. Leaning against the near by wall as he opened a bottle of scotch, grabbing a clean glass and filling it one forth of the way. His eyes glued to the beverage.

My eyes watched his every move, even when his lips touched the rim of the glass. He was acting as if Rose hasn't just shown up and rubbed his treacherous act in my face. Just the thought has fuelled the dulling fire within me. I walked over the broken glass on the floor, slapping the glass out of his hands and watching it break into a million pieces, the way I had when I first saw him with Rose years ago and the way I had when Dean left me...

" What the fuck is your problem?" He growled as he grabbed my arm. I scoffed and yanked my arm from his grip. His expression livid.

" You know what's wrong with me? You! We were getting on so well. Hell I even thought we were getting somewhere! I don't even want this. I don't want any of this! Not your false affectionate nicknames, not your Prince Charming facade, not your fake modesty. Caring about you!" I poke his chest as I utter the words you. " Is the exhausting thing I've done since we were kids."

He was quiet for a while. His lips pressed tightly and his jaw clenched, his eyes void from emotion, but that's just how it is, isn't it? The calm before the storm...

" You think I want this!" He bellowed as he laughed sarcastically. " You think I want to be married to someone I haven't seen in years, to be married to someone who regretted ever meeting me. Well I'm sorry! I'm sorry that my lack of honesty and self control has put you in this situation, but we're not kids anymore and you need to stop throwing tantrums. You're not a kid!" He said pointing at the broken pieces of glass all over the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes at Killian. " You want to lecture me on acting like an adult? Grow up Killian. Grow up and stop fucking women as if you were a kid in a candy store. Stop being so easy! You think Rose gives a shit about you!" I point at him to emphasise my point. " She couldn't give two shits about how you feel, she's just over the moon she gets to fuck the upper class Prince!" I scream out as I walk past all of the mess, slamming the bedroom door behind me.

" We're not done Emilia. Open the door!" Killian kept banging on the door, for the better part of half an hour before sleep took over me.
__________________
Present time

This would be the first time I was going to see my new home...our new home. I knew it wouldn't be a home full of love and aspirations that other homes thrived with. But it was going to be my home and I had to make the best of it.

I had asked for it to come unfurnished so that I was able to make it my own and add my touch to it. I wanted to make it feel less like a jail and more like a potential love nest. It would be the home I'd have to raise my future munchkins in.

We approached the golden gates of house of Dumont. Our new home. I couldn't help buy admire the greenery. It was all cut into perfection, everything looking fresh and poised.

The exterior was magnificent, the elegant white balcony that stood proud at the front of our home and the gracious white cherubs at the entrance all screamed prestige, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the inside. Our flight had been an early one, and I was able to convince Angel to accompany me into town to get a few things for the house. She was due in an hours and a half time. Which gave me a bit of time to explore a fraction of the house and get ready for our day out.