leaving

I hopped into Angels car as she drove me back to hers, I couldn't believe what had happened tonight, Killian had pulled the final piece of thread and I just couldn't stick around anymore, I had to leave.

" I can't believe him!" Angel huffed as she gripped the steering wheel tightly, her knuckles turning white as she only tightened her grip which each passing second. I had no idea why I wasn't acting the way she was, maybe it just hadn't hit me yet?

I knew my marriage was over and I honestly did not care what people had to say. I was the one trapped in my own personal hell no one else. It hurt to know that after only a year everything had crumbled to our feet, and to think a baby was the last stone shattering our glass house.

I looked over at Angel for a second as I smiled softly. I knew what I needed to do, where I needed to go.

" Could you do me a favour? Drop me off at the airport please." I uttered softly as I looked back out of the window, the rain still heavy and the stars covered by the dark clouds. " It was a perfect representation of me..of us. I had to start thinking of myself now because there was no us anymore; I had the chance to be selfish and think of my own feelings for once in my life.

" Are you sure?" Angel asked with concern in her voice. I looked over at her with one last smile as the airport began to come into view. I needed somewhere to clear my head, to heal and lick my fresh wounds. " Yes...I'll keep in touch...I just need some alone time somewhere where no one's familiar." I utter as she stopped by the airport entrance.

I smiled over at Angel as I got out of the car, grabbing my bag as I waved goodbye. I rapidly approached the door as it was still raining and looked over at her as I knew she was worried about me but I'd do just fine.

I headed into the calm airport, the bright clinical lights hurting my eyes, a headache coming on from the earlier crying. No more, no more chances, no more blind following. I headed to one of the ticket desks to get a ticket for the first plane out of here.

" Hello, I would like a ticket for the first plane headed out please." I utter softly as I watch her type away into her computer. " Next flight out is to Italy Rome, honey." she utters as she looks at me. I guess Italy it is. I always wanted to go to Rome. " Ill take it." I dig through my purse and find my card. " That'll be 550 for the last minute ticket m'am" she smiles as I hand my card; her fingers swipe it through as she prints out my ticket. " The flight leaves in two hours" she hands me the ticket and receipt and I thank her as I take my bags to get them checked in.

I looked around as I ran my fingers through my hair, going through security and checking in my bags could only keep my mind occupied for so long. I decided to head over to one of the coffee shops to grab some much needed lavender and chamomile tea.

I stood in the line my mind busy and barely paying attention to my surroundings. " NEXT!" I look up and scrunch my eyebrows as I look around. " I think she's talking to you." a chuckle comes from behind me and I blush in utter embarrassment of my lack of awareness as I head to the counter. " Could I have a lavender and Chamomile tea please?" The barrister nodded her head and repeated my order to her colleague as I stepped aside.

I sigh as my phone begins ringing and I take it from my pocket; the caller ID showed Killians name and I was rather quick to decline his call, I went to my phonebook and blocked his number. I didn't need nor wanted to hear what he had to say to me. " Lavender and Chamomile tea." The barrister called out and I headed over to collect my tea.

she handed me my tea and a muffin. Muffin? I didn't order a muffin. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and she smiles. " It's from the gentleman over there." she nods her head at his direction and my gaze follows to a handsome male. He seemed to be about six feet and two inches, tanned skin, sharp greacien looking nose? I walked towards him with a smile. " I guess you're the one I'm thanking for the muffin?" I utter softly as I briefly look into his hazel eyes. He chuckles and nods " I thought I'd play it safe and get you a lemon drizzle muffin, My second choice would've been a red velvet cupcake." He smirked and I laughed for the first time after today's incident. " Well the red velvet cupcake might've just gotten you a few extra brownie points " I utter playfully.

___________________________

An hour later

I'd been sitting in the airport coffee shop talking to this stranger for an hour and I couldn't stop laughing at his remarks about every person that walked in here.

We'd made up a game where we'd create a backstory for every person who appeared in the coffee shop, based off of their outfits and coffee orders. " I'd say that man that just walked in with the ill fitted suit and briefcase, who just ordered black coffee no sugar married his highschool sweetheart has 6 kids and has affairs everytime he goes abroad. Oh and he spends his time looking for a doctor to fix his hairline" he utters with a smirk as we shared our third muffin.

I couldn't help but laugh loudly at his description, my laugh grabbing the attention of the man he had just been talking about. I cleared my throat a smile on my lips, that was until I caught a glimpse of the time. Shit. I had to get in line to start boarding the plane and the gate had 20 mins until it closed. I quickly grabbed my purse and looked over at him as I sighed. " I'm sorry but I really have to go, thank you for the muffins and an amazing time." I started to walk off until I felt a warm hand gently grab my wrist. " Wait I didn't get your name." he spoke as I looked at him with soft eyes. " Look if it's meant to be we'll meet again." I walk off as I rush to the boarding gate.

I sit in my assigned seat as I sigh. That was so close, I needed to pay more attention to my surroundings and what I was doing. I began getting comfortable in my seat when I heard a familiar voice. " I guess it really is meant to be." I looked up at the person and couldn't believe it was the man from the coffee shop about to sit next to me.

I watched as he put his carry on bag in the compartment above us, his cardigan moving revealing part of his tan sculpted abs. I sucked in a breath as I looked away. He sat beside me and I looked over at him in disbelief, this seriously couldn't be happening. " So...are you going to give me your name yet?" he utters and I nod my head, I mean I was going to be on this flight with him for a few hours, we may as well get comfortable with each other. " I'm Emilia and you are?"

_______________________

Killians POV

I had to call my mother over for help. The baby wouldn't stop crying and now my business was under threat. This day couldn't get any worse.

" Who's the threat Anthony?" I grumble through the phone as I run my fingers through my hair, I was out on the balcony my eyes on the night sky as the rain continued to pour. It had not stopped since Emilia and I had come home from dinner. I sighed as I looked back into the house to see my mother rocking the baby in her arms.

" His name is Theodore Hades." Anthony uttered through the phone and I hung up.

" Fuck."

_________________________

Emilias POV

" Theodore, Theodore Hades." he uttered

                                THE END

( Author note: There is a part two and three to this book as this is a series. The second book is called His Amore .)