Meeting HER again

(Flashback)

I had walked down to the last step as my father approached me. He held out his hand for me to take, so he could escort me around the ballroom. One thing my father loved doing at these annual balls was make sure that we were at the top of the social scale, and the more contacts we had the better. I kept trying to see if I could spot Kilian, but it was getting more and more difficult by the second.

I excused myself as I made my way to my friends...well if you could call them that. I was lonely, secluded. The only friend I really had was Kilian. Key word had. As I made my way to my mother someone stood in front of me. Kilian's' mother.

Now what you are about to read are the words that stuck with me for the rest of my life. " Have you seen Kilian?" She asked knowing fully well I saw him...saw him with her. " Yes, I have." I reply shortly.
" I'm so glad he found someone 'decent'...someone he could actually pass the family ring to. I like her much better. I'm glad he stopped frolicking about trying to please YOU." She whispered harshly. " You were never worthy." She smiles as she walks away as if she had not just confirmed everything that ran through my mind.

Those were the words that were engraved in my mind. Wait no on my heart.
********************************************
(End of flashback)

I was about to walk past Kilian when I heard HER voice. " Oh, darling don't tell me you forgot your manners after all these years." Kilian's mother said with a sly smile on her face. I was not as naïve as I was when I was younger. She was not going to step all over me. I would not allow her too.

I looked her dead in the eye and smirked. " Oh no Mrs Dumont. I'd never forget my manners, but I've noticed that you don't know that you shouldn't show up to places you're not wanted." I say simply. I knew I was going to get scolded by my mother, but I did not care.

I looked over at my father, he was trying to hold in his laughter but my mother on the other hand looked furious. I walked past Kilian as I headed back to my safe haven.

The glossy, wooden bench of the beautiful garden that surrounded my childhood home. Extravagant white lilies almost encircling the spacious bench. And where was this bench you may ask. In the middle of the garden, surrounded by a complex maze. My hiding place.

I sat on the bench, legs up head on the cold wooden arm. I looked up at the sky. Was this what life was about. What my parents intended my life to be like. A tear rolled down my face and I wiped it away. Why him. Why did he have to be back here? I was doing fine without him. I had finally gotten over the things he had done and put me through. I had taught my heart how to stop loving him and love another.

I heard some footsteps. The person was approaching me. The person sighed and sight beside me. " Wow it's been so long since I've been here." Kilian says softly as he looks over at me. " It's been an exceedingly long time. The last time you were in here you spoke your very first lie to me." I utter as I look over at his intense eyes. I could not pinpoint the emotion he was portraying. He did not make it evident. " Look Emilia I'm sorry. What you saw that night wasn't really what you think...I well-my mother."
" EMILIA ROSE FLETCHER." My father bellowed interrupting us.