The tea of nightmares

I walked down our grand staircase as I sat down on the table. But not before greeting my father and placing a kiss on each of his cheeks. My father had freckles just like me. And my mother...Well the only thing I had from her were my big, green, hazel eyes and our physic. I sat down on the right side of my father as my mother sat on his left. My father always sat at the head of the table. He was the man of the house after all.

A few moments later our maids started to bring out all sorts of little cakes from almond to red velvet. My favourites. I was about to pick one up when my mother slapped my hand away. " Sweetie use the mini tongs." She scolds me as I huff and use the tongs, to place my mini cake on, the small fine china plate set in front of me. My father smiled at me and I smiled back. We were both always getting told off by my mother.

Halfway through tea the silence was broken. "So, honey me and your father have something to tell you." She says as she grins getting all excited. Whatever it was it could not be good with the smile she is giving me. She nudges my father. " Go on honey tell her." She utters as my father sighs and rubs his temples. " Well honey we have had an offer..." my father says as he holds my hand. " Oh, for goodness sakes Henry! Honey you are to be engaged to Kilian Dumont Perrin! You remember him? You two used to play together all the time." She squeals in glee bursting with happiness, something that I was far from.

I sat there for a little while until my father cleared his throat. " Princess what your mother was trying to say it that Kilian's parents and your mother and I think it would be a good idea if you two got married." My father says softly as if treading on thin ice." But father what about Dean?" I ask as I look down at my fingers. " Dean is engaged to your cousin! I am sure he told you. You need to forget about him. Kilian will give you a better life, one that you're used to." He says as he smiles softly at me.

I sigh and stand up excusing myself from the table. "Excuse me. I'd like to go outside please." I say as I push the chair back, ready to make an exit. As I turn around, I am face to face with HIM. I did not even here him come in he is a sly little well little. He is a little...SHIT. Oh, how mother would have scolded me if she could read my mind. " Ladies don't talk like that Emilia. Ladies don't act like that Emilia blah blah blah." I roll my eyes, at the thought of her saying all those things drive me crazy. I almost forgot about this 'stranger' in front of me, taking up my personal space. I stepped back only to hit my back on the table.

" Where are you going sweetheart? Not going to say hello to your fiancé?" I hear a deep voice say from the door. I turn around to see Kilian. God how he had matured into a fine man. "My God." I whisper not knowing that it was clear enough for everyone to hear. "No not God but close." He replied with a smirk. I almost blushed but I instantly remembered what happened that summer when we were kids right before he left. That made me harden up faster than tarmac. " Hello Kilian." I say as I clench my jaw. God how I wanted to smack that smirk from his stupidly gorgeous face.