Giving it a go

Killian walked us through the VIP area and sat us down on a couch. I kept looking around as I sat myself on the soft, purple, velvet seat. The fabric felt nice against my skin as my eyes went from place to place.

It was a lot to take in. Believe it or not I hadn't ever been in a place like this, I had to maintain somewhat ' pure' as my mother would put it. It didn't help that I wasn't white as well, it put so much more pressure on me to keep a clean image. I had to work twice as hard not to make any mistakes and it was hard at time's but...my father was at the top of the food chain which helped.

I think that's the reason why people had to accept my mother and I. They did as they people on the top told them to do, and not long after that other people in our circle started interpreting with other races. I found it beautiful, it was almost as if my father had given people the freedom to chose the partner they desired, excluding race from the equation.

Of course parents still wanted their children to marry people of high status, but race was no longer a problem.

I turned my head over to Killian my fingers reaching for the red mark on his neck and cleaning off the red lipstick print. " You have red lipstick on your neck." I utter softly as I watch him stiffen. He turns his head towards me and sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair.

" It was Rose. She tried to get me to do things with her but I denied her." He confesses as I look into his grey eyes. He was telling the truth; I almost let out a sigh of relief as I nodded at him. " Okay." I utter

" So what is this place?" I question as I look around at everything, it was...interesting to say the least. There were people at almost every little space of the club, it was obvious that it was quite popular.

I felt Killian's eyes scanning my body, reaching his hand out to touch my thigh, his hand running up my leg as my breath hitched and I swallowed the lump in my throat, as I tried to to look at him; but I eventually turned my gaze towards him. His eyes staring deeply into mine, before the analysed my silk, baby green dress, it was a little short but it was nothing I hadn't worn before. I could see the wheels turning behind his eyes as he hummed before looking back into my eyes.

" I meant what I said last night, Emilia...we should give this a real go. We're going to be with each other until the end. So let's make the most of it." He uttered as I contemplated what he had yet again repeated.

He had come up with this idea a few nights ago and had kept brining it up every chance he got. I was quite for a few seconds, analysing our situation and how things had escalated from despising each other and our situation to a place of mutual respect, I hoped perhaps one day we could love each other...whatever that meant.

I looked at him and sighed before giving him a soft smile. " Okay, lets give it our best go." I uttered and just like that I was being dragged towards the bar and that's when I had the first drink of many.

—————————
2 hours later and about 4 or something drinks.

" Shots! Shots! Shots!" The crowd around the bar bellowed as I took another shot from Killians mouth. I wasn't a party girl but I wanted to loosen up a little, I hadn't had the change to enjoy myself completely when I had lived with my parents and now I had the chance.

I took the shot and the people cheered as I made a little face at the unpleasant taste of tequila.
—————————

4 hours later and 7 or something drinks later

I was pulled over Killians shoulder, looking back at the club as we headed out, the dancing people looking minuscule as he walked out of the front door and towards the steps. I heard car door open and felt my body touching plush leather seats before I feel into a deep slumber.