Forbidden fruit

I sighed as I looked into the night sky. The stars shining bright, some more than others but that's how it always was. Some people stayed in the shadows, their lights dim whilst others basked in their spotlight. Their light beaming from every crevice.

I ran my fingers through my wet hair as I floated around the pool. The tranquility was comforting, nothing but the crickets and the distant chatter of people being heard.

I slightly turned my head to the side as I watched Killian laying in the cabana besides the pool, reading a book to my surprise. I couldn't quite see the title of the book but I could tell that he was clearly engaged, in whatever it is he's reading.

We had barely spoken after the bikini incident. His alpha side getting the best of him as I had stuck to my word. Wearing it, flaunting it in all its red glory, as we had walked down to the island of pigs.

I was covered from the bottom down, khaki shorts gracing my elegant butt, but that wasn't enough for Kilian. The tour guides constant ogling of my breasts had pushed Kilian over the edge.

Hence the silent treatment. I rolled my eyes at the toxic masculinity that polluted our world. It was stupendous how most women just bowed their heads to their husbands and did as they were told, as if they were string puppets. I couldn't help but let out a little snort, catching Killians attention as he put his book down, raising a curious brow at me.

I took this opportunity to speak as he was no longer engrossed in his book. " Hey Killian! I was wondering if you would like to join me whilst I go down to the Balinese night food market?" I question as I swim back to the side of the pool, stepping out carefully as not to fall back in.

I could feel Killians eyes on my bikini again, my goodness it looks could kill, my bikini would've disintegrated or either burned up in flames by now. But Killian wasn't being so modest either, his black swimming shorts left very little to the imagination, when he was all wet.

" Well?" I question as I sit on the sun bed beside him. My body shivering with anticipation and maybe the slight wind and lack of clothes.

He nodded his head. " Fine." He huffed and stood up. His frame towering over me as he headed into the home. " Come on." He uttered as he paused by the door, glancing back at me as I wasted no time in standing up and making my way into the house, brushing past Killian as I strutted towards the bathroom.
——•——
We made our way towards the truck as I head the paper of instructions in my hand. Killian didn't look very enthusiastic, but I knew he was just as excited as I was.

As soon as we got in the car we were off, arriving at the Balinese night food market in no more than 15 minutes.

It was absolutely breathtaking, people walked in couples as they tasted the various foods from the more than a dozen stands, under the night sky. The only thing illuminating our surrounding were the beautiful fairy lights and the stars above.

I stepped out the car as we came to stop. My soft brown sandals touching the ground as I had spotted the first food stand I wanted to go to. Fruits. It was full of exotic fruits. Oh how I loved fruits! No one could ever comprehend, I was quick to grab Killians hand before dragging him to the stall.

" Hello! Could we please have two buckets of peeled mangosteens please?" I politely asked the vendor as Killian was quick to take out some Indonesian Rupiah to pay for our goods. The vendor kindly handed us our buckets, whilst I was quick enough to shove a piece of Mangosteen into Killians mouth. A grin on my lips as I saw his pleasantly surprised face. " Don't eat the seed." I utter softly as I hand him his bucket.

We had went to almost all of the food stands, reaching our final one as I struggled to carry the mass amounts of goods I had in my arms, whilst Killian gracefully carried the load he had. We stopped by a Mie Goreng stand, to pick up our dinner. I mean how could noodles ever go wrong. We ordered ours. Mine with shrimp and pork and Killians with shrimp and beef.

We stood silently as the aroma of our freshly prepared food wafted into the air, hitting our noses causing us both to let out quiet moans. Once we had our food ready to go, we were back in the car. Which I was honestly looking forward to as I was absolutely starving by now.

" Thank you for asking me to come with you bunny." Killian spoke softly as he started the car. I simply nodded as the car filled with peaceful silence on our short journey back.
——•——
Laughter, laughter was all you heard from us as we ate under the night sky. It was unusual. The new us never laughed with eachother. We were strangers in so many ways, but we would always have a bond within.

" I actually can't believe you ate the roach." I snickered as I eyed Killian, that was the third stand we had come across earlier in the evening and to my surprise Killian was all for trying anything new and unusual, well unusual to us.

He wiped his eyes as tears of laughter rimmed them. " Well what about you? You almost fell over your own feet when you spotted that dessert stand." He teased back as he filled his mouth with some powdered donuts we orders from room service, despite the high quantity food we had brought back with us.

" Well...what can I say! I love my sweet things." I say at my defence, my eyes flickering to a little powder left on the corner of his lip. My thumb rubbing it off, before I could stop myself. My eyes still on his lips, before slowly travelling up to his searching eyes; our eyes locking for a moment.

In a matter of seconds Killian had picked me up and pressed his lips against mine. I could taste the sweetness of the powdered donuts on his lips. My body having a mind of its own as I wrapped my legs and arms around him.

My pure white skirt sliding up my thighs, my thighs feeling the softness of his khaki pants, my breasts pressing against his bare chest, causing my blue flowery, tan, bralette, to rub against my nipples. I could feel his fingers tracing along my spine as his strong arms wrapped around me tightly.

This was wrong! Very wrong!

Screw it.

He was MY husband, a kiss wouldn't hurt.