Sweet brother of mine

Edited

I couldn't believe my eyes; I had missed him so much during these last few weeks and it was as if my desperate prayers were answered. My brother. My older overprotective brother stood right before me. His skin blessed with a tan from the gods. And his presence larger than life. He looked incredible. His shiny, brown hair slicked, with a side parting. His body adorned with a steamed, dark, cream suite. It suited him well. It fitted his personality like a glove.

He grinned as he pulled me into death grip. He slightly picked me up from the ground and kissed my forehead. " Oh, How I missed you sissy. You've matured in such little time. Getting engaged now huh?" He teased pinching my rose-coloured cheeks and moving his busy brows up and down. I stuck my tongue out at him. I had nothing to say I was just grateful that I had my brother, my protector by me during this facade of an event.

Just as I was about to invite him to help me for-see the final arrangements for the engagement party a lady had caught his attention...was like a puppy. He always got excited over a new toy; he'd play with it for a bit for satisfaction but then drop it for something new again. He'd do that religiously until he'd find a toy he'd really like, and he'd play with it until he'd turn its fragile insides. That was my brother for you.

" I'll be right back baby sis. Something caught my eye and I just have to investigate." He uttered without even looking over at me for an answer. He was already halfway across the hallway, with his signature smirk gracing his lips. I rolled my eyes and got into the elevator. Pressing the button for the 6th floor. The diamond event room. The elevator began its slow, trembling journey as I closed my eyes. Darkness.

I was alone once again and the sun that had radiated my day quickly turned into a grey sombre cloud. The elevator doors opened slowly. Revealing a heart wrenching scene in front of me. If I had had a choice, I would've never let those doors open.

I would've rather been trapped in the jaws of this damn elevator than to witness Kilian kissing another woman, kissing her with a passion. With a hunger that I'd wish he would have towards me. His fingers laced in her red hair as he tugged slightly. The way he pulled away and whispered into her ear, words that I'd never hear.

When she turned her head that's when I had wished I would've pressed the stupid buttons of the god damned elevator and went back down to the floor I once was on.

It was her...not the girl the girl that had shamelessly flirted with him in the elevator as we headed to our room. Or the secretary that had disregarded my presence and flirted with him whilst he had checked in earlier on but it
was the same girl he had switched me up for years ago. The same girl that clung onto his arm the night of my family's annual ball. The night he told me his first lie.

I wasn't hurt because he was kissing another woman. I was mostly hurt because he had decided upon himself that our engagement meant squat to him and he wasn't going to respect or honour the commitments that were forced upon. Well...me. He had a choice in this. He had a choice! That's why it was so hard for me to understand why he would agree to marry me but still whore about like a dog in heat. He had become a pathetic excuse for a person, and for the first time I think I was beginning to hate the very thought of the egotistical, charming, cocky man before me.

I took a deep breath and confidently stepped out the elevator, the sound of my heels disrupting them as Kilian rapidly pulled away from her. His eyes filled with panic for the first time. I was too focused on him to have had even noticed the pure look of anger that his lover had given me. To her it was game on. She wanted to win this war. She wanted to permanently rip his from the semi tight grasp my hands had on him.

I kept my head held high and I strutted past them both. My hips naturally swaying side to side. My body was calling for him silently whist my heart was begging for him to stay far away, spare her of any further damage. I could feel his eyes linger with every step that I took. But soon I was behind the protective doors of the diamond event room, I could finally concentrate on something other than the physical heart ache Kilian Dumont had caused me once again.