Forgive me father for I have sinned

Edited

I opened the grand doors of my jaw dropping church. It was empty but nevertheless it felt as if a million eyes burned holes into my soft skin. Whispers spread as I placed my bare foot onto the dark, oak wooden floor. The coldness spreading to my toes. I braced myself as my whole body was now in my beloved church. My heart racing as I prepared to confess all my sins to the holy father. One handheld my perfect blue pumps whilst the other held onto my Navy, day dress like its life depended on it.

One foot at a time, one step, two steps, three. I was face to face with the alter. The statue of Jesus looking at me. I feel down onto my knees, head hung low hands ready for prayer. Lips moist enough to whisper and spill every sin that I had ever committed. But that wasn't what this was about. This was about what I had done. What I had let myself do. I parted my lips; prepared to have my soul ripped into shreds. For the shameful act I had committed.

I made the sign of the cross and I took a deep breath closing my eyes. "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. My last confession was 3 months ago. I have shamefully let myself be persuaded my carnal desire and I sinned. I ask that you forgive me for giving into a dangerous man and his sinful ways. I pray that you give me the strength to fight against anything that may drive me into darkness. Amen." I opened my eyes slowly. Letting out the breath that I had no idea I was holding in. I felt light, relieved. But I didn't know if it would help me for what was to come. I stood up and curtsied at the altar before making my way out of my beloved church. Signing the cross with holy water on my forehead and body.

As I opened the doors the sun shone on my flushed face. It was if a new light had entered my life. I sat on the church steps as I slipped my feet into my heels. I gracefully stood up as I dusted of my dress.

I walked towards the vintage black Cadillac that held my driver. " Morning James. Could you please drive me over to Mr and Mrs Dumont's home?" I asked as I entered the car, putting on my black sunglasses. Soon enough we were off to my worst nightmare. The planning of my wedding. It had been a fortnight since everyone was last at my family home and I had run off to my room.

From now on there was no more weakling Emilia. I had accepted my fate and I was going to make the best out of it that I could. Despite my own wedding planning going on and the engagement party coming up in two days. We had all been invited to Dean and Cecilia's wedding. I hadn't wanted and still don't want to attend but it wasn't a choice. I had ought to go to keep a good face.

One of us that was as lucky as a golden ticket was my brother. He had managed to convince our parents to let him out of his marriage, with the promise of finding himself a much more suitable trophy wife by the end of the year. Right now, he was somewhere in Italy, sunbathing in a villa, eating prosciutto and drinking vintage wine. How I wished to be him.

We arrived at the Dumont mansion and it was even more extravagant than I remembered. I stepped out the car my driver helping me out, holding onto my hand. My parents were already here and by the looks of it they were in the garden. As the closer I got to their home it seemed to be empty. A maid quickly opened the door and welcomed me with a warm smile. Informing and confirming my assumptions that everyone was out in the garden. I made my way as I was taken back by the beauty of the pale pink roses that surrounded the green land.

 I made my way as I was taken back by the beauty of the pale pink roses that surrounded the green land

"Mrs Dumont, Mr Dumont, Kilian. Good morning. Mother, father." I greeted everyone with a kiss on each cheek. Even that vile Mrs Dumont. Who was soon to be my mother in law from the very depths of Satan's dungeon? I sat amongst them and before I could think of exhaling the breath, I had taken in Mr Dumont had spoken. " Let's plan this wedding shall we..."