Rain kisses

Edited

One small heeled foot in; against the carpeted floor of the warm, black car. Another hesitant step. The door shutting behind me. No hesitation from the person behind it. My mother. She was sealing my fate; as if the rings on my left hand didn't do it already.

Everyone stood outside the gloomy car. Talking as if nothing in the world mattered. The night sky, dark and angry; the way I should've been feeling. I was alone. Not just in the car but in this marriage. I watched as the guests began to leave. Many with the people they loved, others alone. But it was better to be alone than with someone you resented. I scoffed to myself as I watched Kilian conversing with my brother, outside of the car door. Faces smiling and hands firmly shaking. The fool had no idea this was torture for the both of us.

The small door opened, a breeze brushing itself against my bare arms, sending shivers and Goosebumps along my skin. He was ready to go. " Bye baby I love you. Have fun okay." My mother uttered with an artificial sweetness. Kilian shut the door, with a brute force; and just like that we were driving away from everyone and everything I had ever known.

It was only a few seconds into our journey when I began to hear, the soft taps of the raindrops falling against the car. It was a sign, even the universe didn't think this was acceptable. I lay my head against the cool window, trying to see the road through the droplets of water that graced the clear window. It was like the rain was mirroring my feelings, mirroring exactly how I had felt this morning. Sullen.

My eyes softly shut for a moment, a gentle sigh escaping my rosy lips. He didn't talk. I didn't talk. It was utter silence. I enjoyed it. It allowed me to enjoy the silent kisses of the rain. I enjoyed the rain, I enjoyed how for while nothing could be heard but it's delicate song.

I felt soft fingers looking for my very own; delicate ones. I picked up my head and slightly turned it towards him, my eyes looking down towards his caressing fingers, removing my hand from his. His soft smile dropping from his face, as I turned away once again. The further away I stayed from him; the more pieces of myself I could salvage and stick back together.

The car came to a slow stop and I could see were private jets of all kind, covering the lot. " Mr and Mrs Perrin? We've arrived." Sergei. Kilian's driver informed us.

Before any of us hand a chance to utter another word, both our doors were open, big men sporting black suits with black umbrellas at the ready. "Mr and Mrs Perrin, we shall escort you to the plane." One of the men said as I stepped out the car, me heels instantly stepping into a puddle. " Dammit." I whispered as the man tried to stifle a laugh. I smiled up at him and began to make my way towards the long jet. Kilian already steps ahead. It wasn't far and in less than a minute I was walking up the steps into the extravagant Perrin jet.

I watched as Kilian walked in playfully winking at the busty hostess who stood by the door of the jet. He was unbelievable. One minute he was trying to hold my hand and the next he was flirting the someone new. and winks back at her playfully, he was an utter complete tease. I was in for a long, painfully draining journey and I knew it. I passed the gift air hostess, not sparing a glance her way as I entered the plane. It was extremely and the golden/nude interior was to die for. The plan door was shut with a soft click, as we took our seats. Immediately after I had seated myself and slipped off my killer heels, Kilian sat beside me, hand grabbing his tie as he began to loosen it, his seductive eyes piercing into mine. " It's going to be quiet lengthy flight Emilia, little over 12 hours. So, don't be scared to make yourself quite comfortable in any way possible okay." He whispers as he kisses my cheek, "There's a bedroom and a bath if you need it." He whispers against my small ears.

I knew then that it'd be extremely hard to stay away, from someone who I had to be close to at all hours of the day. Someone who was now a part of my every hour. By choice or by force. As we began to lift off the ground the rain kisses began to get faint and in seconds they weren't heard or seen. They vanished...into thin air.