Chapter 50-Adari

"Are you Ok?" Von whispered from outside the cell. She had tears in her eyes waiting to fall. The sight before her broke her heart.

The demon couldn't even sit up. She had been laid on the cell floor when the blonde got there until the guards moved her to sit by the wall.

Her face was swollen and there were so many scars and gashes all over her body. Savvina just looked down. She wasn't even sure she could speak but she tried. Nothing came out. Just sounds like she was choking.

The demon wanted to tell them(Von and Illumina, who saw standing a few letters away.) What Iris had told her. She wanted to scream out of frustration.

"If you can't don't try." Von said.

The demon nodded and raised her had to wipe away her best friends tears and shook her hand. It was her way of saying; stop crying for me.

"This isn't fair. She can't just bend them to her will. They can't just execute you tomorrow. We've barely entered December." She sobbed.

"You have 5 more minutes." A guard yelled from the other end. Illumina turned to glare at him.

"We have to get you out if here. You have to escape. Something! Anything! Please."

The demon shook her head. It won't work. This is the end.

"No! You have to fight! What if Innana comes back? Then What do I tell her?" Von asked.

Savvina's heart broke again at the mention of the humans name. She put her hand up to her mouth as a sign of speak and drew a heart in the air.

Tell her I love her. She wanted to say.

"No you have to be here to do that. I can't tell her that. You must be there to tell her." She sobbed. "You havr to heal and Bea, Illumina, Liliya, Era and Kit. Well all find a way to break you out and keep you safe but you have to fight with us."

Savvina sighed and winced moving her legs. The she gestured to the rest of her.

I can barely move.

"You can heal."

She shook her head and make the sign of the cross and tried to do water.

"Holy water."

She nodded.

"They used it to whip you?"

She nodded again.

"This is what you get for drinking it. You're stronger than this Sav. You can't just let go." She said willing her tears. It broke Savvina's heart to see her like this.

"One minute more." The guard said.

"If you interrupt her again I'll rip your tongue out." Illumina said.

The demon tried to smile but winced at the pain. She cleaned the Vampires tears and ushered Illumina over with her hand.

The brunette crouched down to their level.  The demon pointed at the treats on Von's face and shook her head.

Don't ever let her cry.

Illumina bobbed her head in understanding. The demon brought out her pinky. Illumina gave a sad smile and connected their fingers.

"I promise."

She nodded and looked back at Von. They had spent too much time here already. Iris would be back soon for her daily taunting and she still had 200 lashed to go before tomorrow.