Chapter 32- East

The lights ceremony is of the demons. The prophecy says that the white child will be born and be the saviour of the alternate world.
The King was betrothed to a witch. Unfortunately he was unfaithful and had an affair with a common demon woman and she had a child.
This child was to be executed but if you ask me, I would say the whole situation seemed fishy. If the common woman was carrying royal blood in her womb the book of life would have been updated and the child would have been found out before birth.
This unwanted child was to be executed with her mother but the king asked for them to be spared and they were.

Now back to the ceremony. The unwanted child was taught to behave like the royals. She was doing well until the night of the ceremony. The moon light had come down and everyone was waiting. The queen had said her daughter had been born with the mark, so as the light moved around, the unwanted child had a ball and it rolled in front of the princess. As the unwanted child stood the light stopped at her and not on the princess.
The queen was furious and asked for the the child to be put to death immediately with the support of the council, but the king wouldn't let it. He asked for his life to be taken and instead. Indeed his life was taken.
Today the unwanted child is in exile, she must give the zone another king or queen to rule because the council deemed her unfit and unworthy of the throne and crown.
The question arises. Why not make the princess queen? According to the council she was the savoir and that was enough duty on her shoulder.
As a child I was always told that the light never makes a mistake, ever. So maybe the child was the light.