Chapter 18- I'm so sorry

Two days

That's how long Innana had been in the hospital. Savvina never left her side. The human had been having abnormal abdominal pains but she kept telling herself maybe it was just Braxton Hicks contractions. The main in her head had subsided and now she was sure that she was pushed down the stairs but she didn't want to bring it up because Savvina would make sure she found out who it was.

"Hey." Savvina said when Innana opened her eyes. It was late in the afternoon but due to the pain killers they had been giving her she felt drowsy.

"Hi."

"I brought you chicken noodles."

"Thank you." Innana said and stretched her hands to collect it but Savvina moved it away.

"Nope. I'm feeding you."

"I'm not a baby." Innana whined.

"And yet you're whining." Savvina said outing a fork of the noodles in her mouth.

"You whine also." The human said with a mouthful.

"Chew baby, then you can talk."

She rolled her eyes and swallowed. "You know for someone who things human food tastes like cardboard you sure know how to cook. How come?"

"First of all, why do you always start a conversation with 'you know what?' . second of all I learnt. I studied what flavours and spices and foods go together and I guess it tastes ok."

"But what if the flavours get boring?"

"That won't happen."

"And why is that?"

"Because you have to take risks. That's what I do at the or restaurant everyday. I take a risk. Let's say for instance, their are no more lemons for me to garnish the fish I have to improvise and use lime or orange but something in the same group."

"That doesn't count. I'm talking about if there aren't any lemons and then you decide to put...umm... Lets say,kiwi? or something like that not a fruit that is still in the same citrus family."

"Ok if I'm going to do that then I'm going to make that dish in my leisure time and then give Someone else to taste."

"That makes sense. When I discharged from here I'm going to cook you something."

"That wont work. Remember, cardboard tongue."

"What's the one meal that if you could taste you would eat?"

"Umm...pasta. I Cook it for you all the time but I would like to eat it with you then we could have that 'Lady and the tramp' moment."

Innana laughed. "Then I'll make it and we'll have our 'lady and the tramp' moment."

"How are you even going to do that?"

"I have my ways now forget about it."

"Yes ma'am!" Savvina said with a salute and continued to feed the human. "How's our baby girl?"

Innana blushed. "She was so active yesterday but now not so much."

"Maybe the stress from yesterday was what caused it but now her mommy is here and both of you can finally rest." She wanted to say something but wasn't sue if she wanted to bring it up.

"Is there something you want to say?" Innana asked.

"How did-"

"When you're fighting with yourself you tend to look around and frown with your eyebrows knitted together. If you have something to say say it."