Chapter 30- Open your eyes

Tatana was going though her closet when she heard a nock on her door.

"Who the hell is that?" She asked no one in particular.

The person knocked again. "Thallian can you get it?"

No reply.

Knock! Knock!

"Bloody hell." She muttered and went over to the door in her robe and a towel around her hair in a turban.

The door opened and revealed, Von.

"Oh, vee. What brings you here?" She asked the only daughter that wasn't a disappointment as of recently.

"Can I come in?" Von asked sheepishly.

Tatana eyes her suspiciously. "Why?"

Von rolled her eyes. "I just want to talk. I'm not here to kill you. That day hasn't come." She said.

Tatana moved aside and let her pass. Von looked around taking in the room. She couldn't remember the last time she was here.

"I can't remember the last time I saw you here." Tatana said.

"Hmm...let me think. It was the day you called me to tell me you were seeking me off to my enemy." Von said sarcastically. Oh well, I guess she did remember.

Tatana sighed. "You think I'm happy?" She asked.

"I've learned not to ask questions I don't want to answer to. You should do the same."

"Do you always have to fight me?" Tatana asked going to the table in the corner of the room and getting a glass of vodka.

"People don't fight when they don't have a cause." Vin said.

"I want you to be happy, Vee, honestly. But circumstances are bad."

"Circumstances are bad because you and everyone before you let them get bad. I don't understand why you old people can't evolve with the world. Not everything is in black and white."

"Why did you come?" Tatana asked getting to the point.

"I need something."

"What?" She asked suspiciously

Von walked to the bed and sat on it. "I need the cloak."

Tatana was shocked. "Why would you want that old rag?"

Von sat up quickly. "Just because. I want to be able to disappear from Illumina when she gets on my nerves. Which is all the time?" She said.

Her mother smoked. "I did the same with your father. It took me a while but I eventually grew on him."

Von gaged. "Yeah, he's nice. He's a gentleman. But for me I was given the devils incarnate."

"She's not that bad." Tatana defended.

"She raped me mother!"

"Don't start this wolf cry again. We're passed your tall tails." The woman said nonchalantly taking a sip of her drink.

Von got angry and stood up. "And yet you wonder why I fight you. When are you going to stop being a Queen and be my mother for once!"

Tatana looked away. "We all have sacrifices we make for the greater good."

Von laughed unhysterically "Oh really? So my virginity was my sacrifice. I wonder what you sacrificed. It was probably your soul. I'll be back for the cloak later or you could send it to my room." Von said and left slamming the door.