Chapter 33- The South Castle

Bea stayed awake in her bed staring at the ceiling. After her conversation with the queen she just couldn't sleep knowing what she was told to do.

How in the world was she going to use her own hands to give the love of her life to a total monster. Well maybe not a total monster but still.

"You have to do it." Yuana said sitting at the small table in Bea's room,staring at the box.

"What!? Hell no." Bea said sitting up.

"Hell yeah. If you don't the queen will send word to queen Iris that it didn't work."

"But if I do I'd be giving Von away with my own hands."

"Still. We barely ended the war with the south we don't need one to start with the demons."

Bea dressed in a dark blue gown and sat opposite Yuana examining the box.

"But didn't you warn her?"

"No. The girl has been so busy with Illumina that she's so scarce. The only way to avoid this is to pray Von avoids eating for some reason and even if I did warn her it would not help."

"Why not?"

Yuana rolled her eyes. "Don't you think the queen will find it suspicious that Von isn't eating and it'll fall back on you 'cause you were the only one she told."

"No, I don't think so. We have to find another way." Bea said.

Yuana stood up adjusting her dress. "This is not going to end well."

~•~

"Aunt Bee, can I have some blood?" Kyran asked stretching his little hand to the jug on the table.

Von smiled and poured some for him in his cup. Sin smiled from across the table as she bounced Umi on her lap. Tatana on the other hand had a tight smile. She was anxious.

The doors to the kitchen opened and the servants brought in lunch with Bea as the last.

Tatana Gabe a proud grin as Bea set the plate of food before Von and it didn't go unnoticed by the young woman.

Bea's hands were shaking as she stood by the door. Tatana gave her a small nod and she returned it.

Conversation started and everyone was laughing like a normal family except for Illumina who was trying to throw in one or two stories about her achievements much to Von's dislike.

So far Von hadn't touched her food. Bea was thankful that whatever was disturbing her made her lose her appetite. She kept saying silent prayers even though the room was cool she could still feel the beads of sweat running down her neck.

Tatana kept side glancing at her daughter but never asks her to eat. Thallian noticed his wife's uneasiness.

"Are you OK?" He asked

Tatana shook her head and smiled. "Yes, of course."

"OK?" He said not sure. The he looked to his youngest daughter. "Von?"

The blond snapped her head up. "Hmm?"

"You're not eating?"

"Oh sorry." She said. Von picked her fork making Bea's worst nightmare come to life.

The Brit dug her nails into her palm as Von picked her food up. Under the table Illumina placed her hand on the blonds thigh and rubbed it.