Chapter 29- Back to old habits

Meanwhile, on the stage Eliza Warren was giving her speech.

"Good evening everyone. I can see we are all settled down and there are a lot of new faces in the crowd which makes me so happy. So this year I wanted to switch it up. I stead of our usual presenters I decided to have a search. From thousands and thousands of entries, we finally picked two new comers. I did this to encourage the younger generation. Music is so diverse and very easy to manipulate into what you want. Yes, we all have our own tastes but that's the best part of it. It was because of this that we made this years theme; The Millennia."

"Whose that?" Savvina asked.

"That's Eliza Warren. She's the owner of the whole event if that's the right thing to say." Bea said sipping her wine with a satisfied smile.

Savvina rolled her eyes and shook her head at the girl then turned her attention back to the grey haired woman.

"We all know Vema and Ansh! They were amazing the last time they were here. With age comes knowledge and that's exactly who they are. They play from the keyboard, to the clarinet, to the electric guitar, name it, they can play it. They knocked our socks off our feet!" She said and she crowd cheered.

"Then there's the beautiful Lee-Anne. She was also here last year and her drum solo performance was to die for. I'm not a fan of drums but she made it so wonderful. So much talent in them all. But.." She said and the hall got quiet.

Savvina looked around and a lot of the people seated were older, very few were youths and they were probably dragged there by their parents because they looked uninterested and just kept their heads down and their eyes glued to their phones. But when Eliza stopped and everywhere got quiet they looked up.

Then Eliza continued. "Our last duo are just the definition of in sync. So young, youngest we've ever had, and yet so graceful. I for one wanted only 4 presenters and Vema and Ansh are a package but when I got a video of Stephen and Innana and I just had to bend the rules a little. They are wonderful musicians individually and amazing together. And let's not forget that angelic voice! So without further ado, I give you out five presenters!" She said and left the stage. The lights went out, the crowd whistled and clapped.

The curtains were drawn back and a keyboard started playing. The younger generation that new the song screamed. Then Innana's voice came through.

"Hi everyone. My name is Innana and this is my first time. I hope you like it!"

"Sitting on the counter in your kitchen. We'll can you hear my heartbeat fucking kicking..."

"That's my girl!" Savvina yelled.

"And that's my girl too! You go girl!" Bea yelled.

The five musicians emerged in White. Stephen at the corner on his piano. Innana in the middle singing with Vema and Ansh both on guitars. While Lee-Anne was opposite Stephen on her drums.

"You best believe  we got something up our sleeve, we walk our talk, no time for wishful thinking. I push up on my toes you call me sweet thing. Breathing down your neck your body screaming." Innana said and locked eyes with Savvina's glowing ones in the dark and smirked.