Chapter 47-Suck it up

Innana was sick. She was restless and uncomfortable and wished someone would just put her out of her misery.

"Ugh..." She groamed and turned to her side.

"You've got to stop moving around like that before you vomit the little you managed to keep down." Lady said.

"I think it's coming up either way." The young girl whispered.

Lady kicked a clay pot to her side just in time for Innana to empty her stomach contents.

The older woman sighed and got a cloth, mint leaves and a cup of water for the Innana. She handed the cup of water to the young girl to rinse her mouth and the mint leaves to chew on while she pressed the wet cloth to the young girl's forehead.

"I think I'm jinxed." Innana said.

The woman frowned. "Why would you say that?"

"Look at me. You've been here for years without getting sick-" If I die so does everything." She said under her breath. Innana didn't notice.

"-While I, have only been here for a few weeks and I'm at the brink of death."

Lady looked down at her. The young girl's face had gone pale, her eyes were sunken with dark circles around them and she had lost too much weight.

"You are going to be fine."

"Yea right." She said with an eye roll. "I can already see what would be written on my gravestone: here lies a girl that never lived life to the fullest and before her 18th birthday. How pathetic."

"Are you always this pessimistic?"

The young girl shrugged.

"You will be fine. Trust me."

~•~

Seen the way you talking on my phone last night on god.

You was way more than a two dollar holla.

Savvina tried to drown her sorrows in alcohol and yet the glass of whiskey cradled in her hands did nothing to numb her. Two months, no Innana and they were still searching. Everyone told her to hang on but to what?

The worst past was the letter sitting before her. The council had sent another a letter. She has been staring at the envelope for the past 30 minutes. She didn't have the balls to read it. Not this time. She knew what it would say. They would remind her the year was ending and she had two months to left.

The demon looked at her best friend with bloodshot eyes. "Von?"

The two were seated on the dining, music playing in the background.

"Yeah?" The vampire whispered. She too was scared to read the content but someone has to be strong and do it.

"Could you...?"

The blond let out a shaky breath and carefully opens the envelop, mostly to waste time.

She cleared her throat and read out. "Dear Saviara, forgive me for cutting out the pleasantries. I'll be quick and not beat around the bush." The blonde stopped to look at how the demon was so far.