Chapter 19-Shut me out.

Innana laid awake in bed. She hadn't been able to sleep more than a few hours without hearing the screams of a child.

She tried to go about her day normally. She woke up went to school and work even though Bernie insisted on her resting.

Everyone knew about the baby. She could hear whispers and feel people staring at her. People would ask how she was and she would say she was fine but it was obvious it was a lie. In reality she felt dead. There wasn't any crying. The tears just wouldn't bring her baby back.

Eventually after twisting and turning in hopes of falling asleep once again, she rose from the bed silently and made her way to the kitchen and sat on a stool staring into space.

After a while she stood up and her feet carried her to a room she hadn't been in for a while.

The white walls that used to bring her peace now brought despair. There was nothing there except for the drawers. The human insisted that everything be dismantled.

Your a failure

You couldn't do what so many others have done.

You let her die.

If only you had just let Mrs. Nether carry her bags.

Innana closed her eyes feeling her throat tighten and tears prick the back of her eyes as she brushed her fingertips over the drawer picking dust with it.

She wasn't sad. She was angry. Angry with the doctors that they couldn't do anything to save her baby. Angry with herself that she wasn't strong enough. Angry with the gods for letting an innocent baby die.

Someone cleared this throat bringing her back. She opened her eyes and quickly wiped the tears away when she saw Savvina leaning against the wall, wearing a red vest and her hands in her pockets of her grey shorts with her wild main braided into two.

"You OK?" The demon asked.

Innana cleared her throat before speaking and straightened her back. "I'm fine, just couldn't sleep." She said and walked passed the demon and out the baby's room.

"I thought so. I know what can help."

"Sav, I don't want to keep taking Niquil." Innana said and went back to the kitchen.

"I was going to suggest tea." Savvina said putting the kettle in the fire and getting a mug from the cabinet.

Innana stopped in her tracks and turned around. "Oh."

Sav sat down on a stool. "Do t you want to sit?" She asked gesturing to the seat opposite her.

Innana look at the seat. She really didn't want to. She had been avoiding g the demon at all costs. She wasn't doing it intentional. In fact she wanted the demon to hold her azure her everything will be fine.

A reply from the council came. They addressed the obvious fact that Innana had lost her baby and Savvina had less that 9 months to produced another heir to the throne. That did given their condolences.

"Ana." Savvina called finally pulling the human out of her thoughts.

"Huh?"

"The tea." Savvina said pointing at the mug.

"Oh."

They sat in silence as Innana quietly sipped her Camomile and Savvina watched her.

"Can you stop it?" Innana asked annoyed.