Chapter 46- It's Karma, bitch.

Innana shut her eyes. Her heart hammering in her chest and the sound of rushing blood in her ears.

"Answer the question." Lady said.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not a threat to you." Innana said.

"How do I know that?"

"I have no knowledge of hand-to-hand or weapon combat. Plus you're the reason I'm still alive. Why would I kill you?" Innana said.

The woman didn't look convinced. The young girl sighed. "My name is Innana."

"From?"

Innana hesitated. She actually didn't know. Everything she knew about herself was based on what her so called father and sister had told her. She left Lady's spear push harder.

"From Boston."

"How did you get here?"

Innana thought about it but her memory was foggy. All she remembered was pain. "I'm honestly not sure. All I know is that someone was trying to kill me and then I woke up here."

"Is that the truth?"

"Yes." Innana croaked feeling blood run down her neck.

Lady retracted her spear with a sigh and rubbed her face. Innana whipped away the blood. She walked Into the hut and sat on her bed.

"How did you get here?" Innana asked

Lady sat on her usual stool and sipped her wine. She was quiet for a while just watching Innana through the rim of the cup. Then she stood.

The young girl thought she was leaving but she topped by one of the wooden boxes and got out a piece of cloth and walked to Innana with her cup still in her hand.

The woman sighed and knelt beside the young girl. "Lift your head." She Instructed, pouring the alcohol on the cloth.

Innana did as she was told and winced a little when the alcohol made contact with the cut.

"All I remember is I was in love and I was killed...well I thought I died but I woke up on this island and that all." Lady said with a shrug.

"What of your love?"

The woman frowned. "I don't know. I was the first to die." She said.

Innana looked into her eyes. They had a distant look in them. She felt cold all a sudden and shuddered.

Lady looked down at her with concern. "Are you ok?" She asked.

Innana rubbed her arms to warm herself up. "Yeah." She said.

The woman placed her back hand on the young girl's forehead and frowned. She pushed Innana to lay down. "You're burning up."

Innana shook her head. "I'm fine." She said defiantly. She wouldn't accept sickness. There was no medication out here and she didn't want to die. She had to get back to Savvina.

Lady went to her bag to get some salve. "Where's the cut that opened up again?" She asked.

Innana lifted the flimsy material up to just below her breasts. Just as the older woman had suspected. The wound was infected.

"I have to get some wild herbs for the fever." She said getting up. Innana held her back.

"I don't want to die." She said with tears in her eye.

Lady frowned but tried to look hopeful to convince the young girl. She covered her shivering body with the wool base of her own bed. "You won't." She said. She got her spear and satchel. "I'll be back soon."