FRIENDSHIP, LOVE AND NOTHING ELSE...-EPISODE 83

SCENE-1

Arnav sees the clock.. It’s 1 a.m.. But still he has not completed his work.. He sees Shruti who is sleeping peacefully beside him.. He feels sleepy too..

Arnav : (thinks) Only half an hour more.. I have to complete and sleep then..

He continues with his work.. His phone beeps.. He ignores it.. It beeps some more times too.. Arnav is focussed only on his work.. He completes it in 20 minutes and sighs that he has completed it earlier.. He closes the laptop and takes his phone.. It’s a whatsapp message from an unknown number.. He opens it..

Message :
Hi. Sorry to disturb u at this odd hour. I feel it’s important to send u this. Sorry I forgot to tell u who I am. I am Vanshika,Varsha’s sister. I know u but I think u don’t know me. I heard from one of ur friends that u got married recently. Happy married life. Coming to the point, I recently came across Varsha’s mobile phone in my drawer at home which I forgot as I left for UK for studies. Ma told that ur friend Vicky handed over it to her telling that Varsha had it in her hand during her last moments. I did not dare to open it then as I did not have courage to open and find whatever it has as I was horror stricken after my beloved sister’s death. I opened it to find this one in the memory card..and I thought u should see it. Hope everything is going well in ur life.. All the best bhai.. Take care☺☺

Arnav is really confused to see the message.. He downloads the audio message. He takes a headphone and plugs it in thinking that Shruti may get up.

It’s Varsha’s voice.. It was cracked and barely understandable..

Arnav.. I .. I.. Did not expect this would happen in our lives.. (pants) Ev.. Everything shattered in a few minutes.. I.. thought we would live a happy life.. Together.. but God has planned something else.. I.. Think.. I ..won’t live anymore.. And..I am very proud that I spent my last day.. And my last minutes.. With u.. Happily.. The way.. I.. have always wanted myself to be.. I am really content.. And I have confessed my love too.. I am happy.. I know.. that... it’s a yes from u.. But.. u are playing with me... just to irritate me as u always do.. I wish..u would tell me.. that u love me too at least now.. But.. here.. u are lying ..beside me unconscious.. That’s ok.. Hope ..Vicky would come...and take us to the hospital.. But its of no use for me,I think.. But..I want u to live.. I pray ..to God to give u 100 years of life.. After I go,don’t be sad.. I always wanted u to be happy.. I hope..God would send u,ur love,the love of ur life.. Marry her.. Have kids.. And don’t name a kid “ Varsha”.. That’s clichéd,isn’t it?(chuckles) Hope... u will be happy Arnav.. That’s the only thing.. I want from u..This is my last wish.. Hope u fulfill that.. So,I think I have only a few moments left.. I am going.. Take care.. Keep smiling.. Love u..

Arnav could not believe his ears.. Tears pooled up in his eyes.. He wanted to shout and cry… He felt like choked.. He felt dizzy.. He managed to get tablet and has it.. Tears fell like a waterfall.. He felt like Varsha came to him and talked to him directly… He got up from his bed and goes to the terrace.. He cries his heart out until his tears run dry.. He feels numb.. He comes down and sits in the staircase staring at one place.. He becomes calm after sometime..

Shruti turns and looks at the clock.. It’s 3 a.m.. She finds the bed empty..

Shruti : (thinks) Where has he gone?? Does he have sleepwalking disease??

She comes out from the room and sees that the main door is also open.. She comes out and sees him sitting in the staircase.. She sits beside him.. But Arnav was lost in thoughts and he is not aware that Shruti is sitting with him..

Shruti : (thinks) What is he thinking?? He would have shouted at me by now.. But what happened??

She keeps her hand in his shoulder.. No response.. She shakes him slightly.. Arnav comes to senses..