186: The moral of the noodles

The weather is getting colder each day, Wu needs to manually heat up his house, so his house is never as warm as his apartment. He felt uncomfortable after blowing under the air-conditioner for so long,  but if he uses an electrical heater he was worried that his mother would get electrocuted, so now he could only start a fire in the fireplace when he reaches home, he would also go to sleep earlier so he could avoid suffering in the horrible winter nights. 

Tonight, Wu couldn't sleep.

His bed was warm enough, his back was even sweating, but his limbs were freaking cold, he just can't seem to warm them up.

He reached his hands under his mother's blanket, her hands were perfectly warm and toasted, so he grabbed her hands trying to warm up his hands, after a while, he stretched out his legs as well, in the end, his entire body is under his mother's blanket.

Wu's mother was holding onto Wu's hands, she called out unconsciously.

'Da Chi.' 

Wu's body froze, he stared right at his mother's face.

'Mom, are you awake?'

She didn't reply.

Wu hugged her to sleep for a while, he suddenly found out that her body isn't just warm, it felt a little too hot as well. Wu placed his palm on her forehead and he was taken aback by the temperature.

'Mom, mom...'

He called her several times but she didn't respond to any of it.

Wu quickly went down the bed and changed his outfit, he then carried his mother into the car and to the hospital.

He has been waiting outside the emergency room for an hour already, Wu has planned out everything in his mind, it felt like there was a huge boulder weighing down in his heart, he can't even cry it out. He only wore a shirt and his suit pants out, the hand that was holding onto a lighter was trembling uncontrollably, he finally managed to lit up his cigarette after a while.

The doctor walked out and told Wu, 'The patient has made it through, but she would need to stay in the hospital for observation.'

Wu's hanging heart finally was at ease.

The next day, Wu's mother has been moved to a normal ward, even though she isn't as mobile as she was at home, at least she doesn't need to suffer from the cold, plus there would be nurses around her all the time, Wu wasn't as worried when he goes to work.

At noon, Wu was feeding his mother some birds' nest porridge.

She only had two mouthfuls before calling out the name again.

'Da Chi.'

Wu's heart clenched, asked, 'You still remember who is Chi?'

She pointed at the bowl in his hands, shaking her head.

In her head, she didn't have a complete image of Chi left, because Chi hasn't been visiting her for the past month, but she still remembered the tonics that Chi gave, she remembered that she didn't like the taste of it.

In the evening, Wu's eldest sister and her husband have come to the hospital, they even brought their daughter who was currently studying in university along.

'Brother, we three will look after mom tonight, you can go back and have some rest.'

Wu said, 'It's fine, I'll keep an eye on mom, don't you guys have work tomorrow?"

'It's Saturday tomorrow, we both don't have to work tomorrow, our daughter is also currently having a break.'

Wu looked at the two only beds in the ward, he then finally agreed to it unwillingly.