120: Hidden agenda

Seeing Wu's butt is healing perfect fine, Chi has loosened up his guard on Wu, he doesn't step into any Wu's affairs outside of bed, as long as he returns home after work.

Like that, Wu can finally take a rest, even though he has been bumped into by Shuai and it's still so awkward, Wu doesn't want to hide anymore. Because they hadn't really chatted in a really long time, all the awkwardness has been diluted by the eagerness of their meeting.

After a long time, after asking around, he finally got Shuai's location.

In Guo's private club's restaurant, the two are busy eating while chatting away, it helps with the awkwardness.

'So you have been staying here?' Wu asked.

Shuai sounded helpless, 'If not where else can I stay? Can I step out and let your man dice me into pieces?'

'We're already together, I don't think he will do anything to you?'

'Who knows?' Shuai swirled the spoon around in the soup, 'The Guo is fucking dark! If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be sitting in this shit hole now!'

Wu cleared his throat, 'You really should use the word now, we're eating for goodness sake.'

'What's wrong?' Shuai clinked the plate with his spoon, 'Our food is all in reds and greens, you can even imagine about that?'

Wu said, 'I'm colour blind.'

'......'

Wu doesn't even want to start a fight with him, he asked, 'What did Guo do to you?'

'If he didn't keep me in dark, do I need to hide here still? Will I bump into you two in the clinic in the middle of the night? Will I be knocking on his bedroom door and...' Shuai couldn't continue.

Wu couldn't get it, 'I thought you're quite witty, how exactly did you get cheated by Guo? Do you believe in whatever he said? Why don't you just switch on your damn phone and ring me? If you were to contact me earlier, will any of this happen?'

Shuai said lifelessly, 'Chi told me to get you within five days, I could only do something against my conscience. In the end, you two didn't even end up together, our deal even got revealed, who dares to contact you by then?'

'Chi told you to get me in five days?' Wu repeated the words one by one.

The room immediately fell into dead silence.

After a few minutes, Shuai boldly asked, 'After all this, you don't know?"

Wu's expression stiffened, 'Who told you I knew about this?'

Shuai's features all crumpled together, who told me that? Who else other than the evil and malicious Guo? He must've guessed that Wu and I will have this conversation, he must've guessed that I will accidentally spill the tea, then misunderstandings will come rolling in. In the end, our relationship will be broken, I can't go anywhere, I can only hide under him then.

In fact, that day Guo did hint him in the car, but it's just that Wu's reflex arc is too long to react from it, he then realized long after he has been subdued by Chi.

As expected, Wu dropped the plate hard onto the table, a loud bang roared across the room.

'What's going on exactly?'

Even though Shuai's blood is boiling as well, he must calm the mister in front of him first, he thought once they two meet every misunderstanding will be cleared. Who knew there's still a time bomb right here, now he has been cremated into ashes.

'Wei, listen to me...'

Shuai grabbed Wu's arm, then spilled everything out, he especially exaggerate the parts where Chi had threatened him so to earn some sympathy from Wu.