48: I'm not going to let go

On the way back, Wu was hastening himself: Do it, do it now, 300 metres more to the park entrance, there wouldn't be any more chance after this; 200 metres now, all your efforts today are going to waste; 100 metres, they are going to marry otherwise! ...

A car honked behind them, Wu gritted his teeth.

'Watch out!'

He grabbed Chi's hand smoothly, pulling him to his side.

Five seconds then, a remote-controlled toy car passed them, a child was chasing after his toy car with the remote control behind it while blowing the horn non-stop.

'.......'

They were still linking their hands, no one wanted to let go. Wu decided to go all out, it was dark anyway, no one could tell what they two were doing. As long as Chi don't forcefully pull away, he was going to hold his hands like this; even if Chi wanted to let go, he must hold his hand too! You took my girlfriend, I'll take you!

That's what he thought, Wu wasn't used to holding hands with a guy! This felt like having an affair with a widow, being intimate with your sister-in-law,... Breaking a cold sweat!

Chi hadn't held anyone's hand for a long time, the feeling of heart racing that he remembered has already been forgotten. He didn't think that he would hold hands with someone who has a sweaty palm, he could feel the sweat from Wu's hand sticking to his, he also noticed a pair of insecure eyes. 

Chi stretched out his palm, he could feel Wu's nervousness, then he, in turn, held his hand into his palm.

Chi's hand was exceptionally big, he has bigger hands than any average guy's hands.

Plus Chi has quite a strong grip, Wu thought he was pressing onto one and each of his knuckles. It was quite a pain, but to hold his hand longer he didn't make a sound.

The two walked for a while, until Chi's phone rang.

Yue Yue voice could be heard clearly, 'I've already reached the hotel's entrance, where are you?'

'I'm reaching soon.' Chi hung up.

Wu asked, 'You're leaving?'

Chi nodded, 'I have a dinner later.'

Wu was being considerate, 'You can go.'

That was what he said, his grip has tightened; as Chi's fingers moved, Wu immediately gripped onto his hand tighter, he was exerting so much force that his teeth were clenching, his veins were bulging, his pupils dilated. I'm not letting go! I'm not letting go! Do you want to leave? Break a few bones from my hand then!

'Why aren't you leaving?' He had this fake smile, 'Don't keep people waiting.'

Chi stared at Wu calmly, Wu was grinning under his stern glare, so he clutched his hand again and continued walking.

Wu sneaked into Chi's pocket and switched off his phone.

It was a long journey again.

For this path, Chi has hurt three people. Firstly are his parents, they pushed back their things to wait for their son and their  daughter-in-law, but they didn't show up; Then is Yue Yue, she only knew the hotel's location but she didn't know which room his parents were in nor their numbers, she waited there for 4 hours, she couldn't reach Chi and she almost reported to the police. Finally she managed to find him, but all she got is, 'I've slept already, next time.'

Any progress during the walk back home is all worth it.

The point was they were only wandering around, from the West to East, their shoe soles were almost flat, they didn't say a single word too. When they went back to the original spot, seeing that they have to say goodbye, Wu then finally said something.

'Let's catch up later.'

Chi rubbed against Wu's head, then left.