139: Cheer up!

(any k-pop fans...?)

Because the call broke off halfway, when Wu called back Shuai's phone is unreachable, Wu's heart clenched, he threw the blueprints into the architect's arms and rushed to the clinic. There were times where he couldn't contact Shuai too, but he wasn't as anxious as he was this time, it's almost as if he sensed something wrong, he needed to make sure that Shuai was safe. 

Finally, he made it to the clinic, Wu closed his car door and walked in.

Shuai was sitting beside his desk, all limbs attached, his head hung low, not sure what's he's doing.

Wu was relieved but angry at the same time, then he flared up, 'Why didn't you pick up my calls? I thought something happened to you! Fuck, I'm worried to death! Next time you...'

When Shuai lifted up his head, Wu saw his face, he couldn't continue his sentence anymore. He has never seen Shuai this dispirited before, his eyes looked as if they were covered by thick fog, making Wu feel depressed for no reason.

'What's wrong?' Wu probed carefully.

Shuai tried hard to regain his old self, 'Nothing!'

Wu walked over to his side slowly, he sat in front of Shuai and looked right into his eyes, 'Shuai, you can't do this to me, when we just met, I told you all of my dark histories.'

Shuai said, 'Then tell me your safe's password.'

Wu chocked, he spoke after a while.

'That's a different matter.'

Some happiness finally crept back to Shuai's face.

Under Wu's persistent questioning, Shuai's defensive fencing was being torn down, he finally confessed.

'He came to find me again.'

He? Wu thought for a while, 'The person you're saying, don't tell me, it's the...Li Tao?'

'Meng Tao,' Shuai corrected.

'Yes yes, Meng Tao,' Wu looked shocked, 'It's really him?'

Shuai mentioned this person to Wu before, he also told Wu their past, not in detailed and Wu has forgotten most of it already, he just remembered this man betrayed Shuai.

'That's great!' Wu slammed the desk, then said excitedly, 'Didn't you say in the past? One day, you will have your revenge. Now you finally got your chance! What are you waiting for? You have...'

Seeing Shuai's expression getting worse, Wu was forced to keep his mouth shut.

After a moment of silence, Shuai simply said, 'Those people whom you can talk with great anger at their backs, normally, are those who you're most vulnerable in front of.'

'You don't still have feelings for him, right?' Wu couldn't fathom, 'He treated you like that!'

Shuai chortled bitterly, 'They're long gone.'

'Then why are you so miserable over this matter?'

Shuai replied, 'I don't know, I'm just upset with myself.'

Not sure why seeing Shuai in this state, the first thing that Wu was reminded of is Chi.

'I just don't understand, what are you guys thinking? Look at me, how deep Yue Yue hurt me in the past, but now? Didn't she just jump right into the grave she dug!'

Shuai then finally realized, Wu is really an unbreakable rock, his strength is remarkable.

Wu then added, 'How did you educate me back then? Egg, it's a food if you break into it from the outside, but it's life when you break out from the inside. I have broke and walked out from the shell, are you going to let someone else cook you alive?'