89: Own motives

Just as Chi left the airport, he received a phone call from Gang.

'I found the snakes.'

Chi followed his leader into the car without showing many emotions, simply asked, 'Where are they?'

'In camp.'

Just two simple words, a long moment of silence.

Chi had thought of the possibly too; because his uncle is in camp, there are snakes in the camp too, they're everywhere and are being watched, so not many people would find out. But his dad and his uncles have been fighting with each other under the table for a long time, his uncle doesn't have any sons, he has been jealous of Chi, he would be glad to see him becoming a good-for-nothing. So if his dad really went to seek assistance from his uncle, it's as if he's burying his head into a bucket full of shit, he's admitting that Chi is useless and he has no control over Chi.

But now Yuan really went there, he would much rather lose his dignity than lose control over his own son.

'How did you find out?' Chi asked.

Gang said, 'I went to the trading market today, I noticed one of them selling snakes that are rather peculiar, he saw that I have an interest in buying them so he told me that these snakes worth a ton, they're all stolen from the camp. The first thing I thought of was that bunch of yours, the watchers of the snakes wanted to earn some money so they sold some eggs to the breeders.'

'Okay, I get it.' 

Gang then added, 'So let's...'

Chi hung up habitually.

Leaning back and closed his eyes, then thought, it isn't an easy job to get that huge bunch of snakes out safely from the camp. If he's going to war with Yuan, his snakes will die, so before he thought of a bullet proof plan, he has to follow Yuan's suit, try to lower his guard down if possible, then he has a higher chance of success.

......

Just as Gang left the market, Wu arrived at his destination.

He walked into a huge tent, after looking around he laid his eyes on a rat snake, 'What's the price?'

The guy lifted two fingers, 'I won't sell lesser than this amount.'

'So expensive?' Wu pouted, 'There's one over there selling at 150.'

The man's eyes bulged, 'His quality must differ! Man, just take a good look, my snake weighs 3 pounds heavy. Feel free to look around, my price is guaranteed to be the best.'

Wu proceeded smilingly.

'Little guy, do you want snakes for meal or pets? Take a look at this pet snake.'

Wu scanned across the variety, then he spotted a bamboo snake, but its skin color was lacking as compared to Jealous. Although Wu is a color blind, he can still differentiate color intensity and brightness. It's rare to see snakes with such vibrant color as Jealous here.

After walking a short distance, a few terrarium attracted Wu.

After seeing those cheap and common snakes, it's interesting to see these snakes. Due to his job, Wu would search up on snakes on the Internet when he's free, he could classify the different breeds, mostly the common ones. Seeing so many at the same time, then look at the vendor who dressed clean, he couldn't help but  be surprised, how did he get so many rare snakes in his hands?

'Little boy, I can tell you're a professional, choose any of it here; if it's not up to your quality you can wreck my stall.'

Wu took a snake in his hands, then threw a suspicious glance at the vendor.