5: Words from the bottom of heart

Shuai had just sent off a patient. He saw two familiar figures from not far away, his face twitched. My lord, it hasn't been three hours, yet he's coming back again?

The difference is, Yue Yue's temper is not as marvelous. She pushed Wu into Shuai's arms and left.

Shuai helped Wu into the house. Wu was moaning in agony, looking miserable as ever.

'Hey, I was just joking, you did it again? Isn't your desire to see me again it's uh...too much?'

Wu grinned, 'She wants to break up with me again.'

After cleaning the wound, Shuai started to inject anesthesia and sewn up the opening. They chatted along the way to ease the tension.

'What's up with this time?'

Wu said sickly, 'She criticized that I'm stingy.'

A short laughter broke out from Shuai's mouth.

'Do you think I look like a miser?' Wu said offendedly, 'I just started working two years ago, my wage is low, but I gave her anything she wanted. She said she wanted an iPhone, I saved up for three months, managed to squeeze out RMB 5000 and bought her one. She wanted a set of makeup products, worth over thousand dollars, I used the money that I intended to buy myself a phone to buy that set for her. I've used this phone for 5 years now, dropped in the bowl for 4 times but I'm reluctant to change it.'

'If you say so, I think breaking up is a great choice.' Shuai commented.

Tears on the verge of breaking out, 'Why is that so?'

Shuai mentioned casually, 'In case you betray yourself!'

Wu's heart was unusually writhing. He moved his head out of agitation, implicated his wound and started crying in pain.

'Settle down, will you?!'

Shuai straightened Wu's neck. After seeing him up close, he thought that Wu looked pretty decent. At first, when he's fat, his facial features were slightly distorted; but now he has slimmed down, his facial features showed up and defined. Even though he's not really up to standards with the goddess, he has no reason to underestimate himself.

'Doc, how long to I have to wait for recovery?'

'It's not that serious this time; if completely recover, maybe a month?'

In this month, Wu came to get his medicine frequently from Shuai. After a few times, they knew each other better, then Wu told him everything about himself.

'I have two siblings, two older sisters. My oldest sister is almost 40, her children are studying at high school now. My second eldest sister moved to South after marriage, she just had a son this year. My dad got cerebral thrombosis, was gone two years ago. I'm the youngest, my parents dote on me the most since young. They always leave the best for me, my 2nd sister got angry a few times before because of this.'

'I was quite clever when I was young, I always got the highest in the class. My neighbors praised me a lot, saying that I'm the most obedient son in this world. I didn't do anything illegal or what before, I was down-to-earth and diligently helped out at home. Once, I didn't pay for the bus fare when I was descending, I chased the bus until the very last stop; until I paid for the fare and walked back home.

'I didn't even skip any lessons in university, I got scholarships every year. Once my girlfriend told me to skip school to accompany her to shop, I rejected. We went to open a room in a hotel, I watched TV for the whole night, I didn't even budge when she hugged me. Then I started working, my colleague used to steal from the company, but I didn't. I took everything that belonged to me; the ones that were not, I didn't even touch them.

Shuai listened attentively to Wu's constant ramble, couldn't help but to exclaim.

'After so many years, it hasn't been easy.'