12: Turn over a new leaf

For three days straight, Wu had psychologic counseling sessions with Shuai, till his head fully recovered. Shuai really cared about Wu as his student, he made an all-out effort to help Wu get rid of his nightmares. Made him stop contacting Yue Yue, made him give up on meaningless struggling, made him accept the fact that they had already broken up.

Shuai was looking after a patient while eyeing at Wu.

Wu once again picked up his phone.

Shuai threw a harsh glare, saying the words one by one, 'Put. It. Down.'

'I'm not calling her.' Wu explained, 'I just want to play games, I just installed a new Zuma for people with color blind.'

Shuai then turned away his head.

Wu was playing half way until he received a call.

His phone ringtone was a very old, classic song. 

Wu couldn't believe his eyes, didn't dare to accept the call either. It's the first time, since their break up, that Yue Yue called him. 

'Why aren't you picking up?' Shuai asked.

Wu's eyes looked lost, 'It's from Yue Yue.'

'Are you a man? If you are then pick up! Talk to her like a man!'

Wu picked up, Yue Yue's clear voice could be heard.

'Have you recovered? Can we meet up soon?'

Looks like it's not just Wu having some problems, the other didn't seem fine either.

Wu peered over to Shuai, hoping to get some suggestions from him.

Shuai just gave him a sentence, 'Do as you please!'

Wu once again go to war alone.

This time Yue Yue didn't choose any particular venue, she didn't investigate the venue too. She thinks that there's no one could stop Wu anymore. No matter when, where they are, Wu could always get himself a brick.

Yue Yue was secretly excited, she was early this time, scanning the surroundings diligently.

Instead, Wu looked casual, he walked over lazily.

'What?' Wu asked.

Yue Yue shouted loudly, 'Breakup!'

Wu took a few deep breaths in aid of him mentally meditate, he finally made through this complication. Breakup it is, I don't give two shits anymore.

Not sure if Yue Yue's mentality was sane, she was grabbing Wu's arm, looking like she's anticipating that something is about to happen.

Wu didn't know what she was expecting. 

Wu didn't move for a while, Yue Yue then hit his chest.

'It's time to get the brick! Quick!'

Wu's face twitched, 'What...what brick?'

'Get me a brick! Like last few times, poof, magic!' Yue Yue's hands were covering her cheeks as if she's talking about something meaningful.

Wu's heart felt like horses galloping. The horses' hoofs were smashing his heart into grounded meat! The ending in that novel didn't happen, in turn, the female lead was so impressed by the tenacity of the male lead instead she was addicted as if it was a performance.

It was my head! It's made of flesh, you used to kiss it!

Wu's heart fell onto the ground, he almost laughed at himself.

7 years. A full 7 years, in the end, he became a joke.

....

Yue Yue was stomping anxiously, 'Quick, I'm still waiting, you can't disappoint me!'

There were two trees in front of him, there were some bricks in between them. He walked straight to it, picked up one and walked back to Yue Yue.

Yue Yue was utterly disappointed, eyes filled with betrayal as if she got cheated.

'I asked you to transform one, why did you get one from there?'

Wu told Yue Yue off, 'What? Aren't there some right there? If you think it's not enough, I'll take more for you!'

First time seeing Wu flare up, Yue Yue was befuddled. She kept staring at the brick as if she's waiting for something to happen.

Wu knew that she's waiting for him to hit it with his head.

She used to hate the trick but now she's addicted to it; she used to fluster when it happens but now she awaits for it; she used to see it as a threat but now she sees it as an entertainment segment... For the blood from his head, to her, has become a colorful part of her life.

It's time for a grand closing ceremony.

Wu closed his eyes, hit his head hard, it's numb; he hit it again, there's not much sensation; Wu used all his might and hit it again.

The brick turned into ashes!

Yue Yue, '....'

A ray of light shone on Wu, making his whole image sparkle.

'Yue Yue, we have officially broken up.'

After saying this, Wu laughed out hysterically. Once he turned and left, the pungent smell of blood and tears assaulted his nostrils.

From now on, useless, weak, honest,... these words have no relation to me! Who dares to cheat a single cent from me again, I'll shatter you into pieces with my head!

......

Shuai stayed in the clinic from day to night, he stood at the entrance looking at the passerby, but he didn't spot Wu anywhere. Shuai sighed, the efforts he made these days have gone wasted, the retard has done it again.

When he was about to turn and go in, he was grabbed by a strong arm.

He turned his body then his head, he saw a strangely familiar face. Wu's face looked extra eerie under low light, his gaze was scraping along Shuai's face like sharp knives. Even though he was smiling like he always does, but now there's a sense of oppression, making others feel chills down the spine.

'You...' Shuai didn't know what to say.

Wu lifted the corner of his lips, 'I've changed my name.'

Shuai had a bad feeling, 'To what?'

'Wu Suo Wei.' (which means anything)

Shuai, '....'