157: Unexpectedly calm

After looking around the snakes, Guo invited Shuo to his garden to have a cup of tea.

The two sat facing each other, Shuo scanned Guo from head to toe then suddenly a laughter broke through his face, not sure what he saw.

'What are you laughing?' Guo asked.

Shuo asked, 'Why do you seem like you're getting more retarded as you age?'

'What do you mean I got more retarded?' Guo was puzzled, 'I didn't shrink, did I? I was 1.78m that year you left, now I'm 1.82m, I did grow a tad bit.'

'I'm not saying about your height, I'm saying about how you look.'

'My looks?'

Shuo nodded, 'I still remember clearly that when we're still studying, you used to be the oldest looking out of us three. We two used to tease you for that, saying how you looked like a 20 plus adult when you're just 18 years old. Now we're almost reaching 30, you still look like you're in your 20s, don't you think you're retarding?'

'Oh,' Guo came to a realization, 'That's because you age too fast.'

Shuo rubbed his face in annoyment, then sighed, 'I can't help it, I've been through a lot when I'm overseas these years.'

'There's no one that is as shameless as you,' Guo smirked, 'You're the most carefree, serves you right that you're aging faster out there.'

Shuo simply smiled without thinking much,  he placed his legs on the veranda and his back against the pole, it seems like he doesn't have a single bone inside him. He doesn't sit like a human, more like a snake.

'I realize that after all those years you've been gone, you haven't changed a single bit,' Guo said.

Shuo squinted his eyes and simply said, 'I've been back for half a year now.'

This came as a shock to Guo.

'So, you came back during New Year?'

Shuo responded with an hmm.

It initially was a lie that Shuai made up for Chi to take down Wu, but now it has become a truth, Guo couldn't help but sighed, 'You're really good at hiding.'

'What hide?' Shuo said, 'I have a home in Beijing as well, why can't I come back to stay in my house?'

Guo smirked, 'But I guessed you would've come back earlier too.'

Shuo peered over at Guo, 'How did you guess it?'

Guo lit a cigarette and simply said with smoking it, 'The horse that you've tied down for 6 years has been unleashed by someone, if you didn't come back soon the horse will be taken by the person, you can't even get it back then.'

'Stop!' Shuo raised up his hand, 'If I really wanted to get him back, I would've done it 6 months ago, I wouldn't wait till now. Besides, getting him back is the matter of snatching the rope back, but even if I do, I don't think the horse wants to follow me as well.'

'Don't you like risk-taking games?'

Shuo said, 'I'm going back in the next two days.'

Guio squinted, 'You're not even going to see Chi?'

'It doesn't matter anyway.'

Guo put out his cigarette and said, 'You won't go.'

Shuo replied as lazily as ever, 'How do you know that?'

'I just know.'

After a while, a smile surfaced on Shuo's face.

'Guo, I really hate that smarty pants side of you, it's really annoying.'