It was the mark on Archie's hip.
The symbol for sacrifice.

"To enter his kingdom, you must bear his mark. The mark of a gargoyle," I nodded to my brother and him and my dad knocked out the two gargoyles on watch. I watched horrified as Fangs pulled up his shirt and the gargoyle held the burning pole next to his skin. "Now!" Jughead yelled. I screamed as I ran out behind the tree ready to take down gargoyles.

"It's the serpents. Scatter," the gargoyles did as told and scattered. I ran over to one of them knocked it to the ground kicking it in the head, "Sweet Pea get Fangs!" I yelled. Jughead and I ran over to the 'king' Jughead kicked him to the ground. "You're mine!" I pulled the hood up and Jughead ripped of the mask. I gulped as the cold face looked up to us.

"Tallboy?"

**************************

I stood next to Sweet Pea holding his hand watching my brother punch a tied up Tallboy. He grunted as my father's fist came in contact with his face. "We all thought you were dead tallboy. Where you been hiding," my stomach jumped as Tallboy spit out blood. "A small town called Athens," Sweet Pea cracked his knuckles and I pulled away from his grip slowly. He looked down at me surprised and I sent him a small reassuring smile. "Gotta day it's good to be back. And Alice Cooper, she was liking extra sweet the night me and my boys broke into her house, and scared the crap out of her bitch daughter" Sweet Pea looked down at me and I clenched my jaw.

"That was fun."

Jughead leapt forward and punched him in the face. His laugh even sounded evil. "All right, lets cut to the chase," I stepped forward swallowing down her fears. "We know your working for Hiram. You've been dressing up in that little costume, like his mascot. So now you are going to help us rise him down," I was up in his face now. "I'm surprised your talking little serpent slut," Sweet Pea lunges forward and took the chance to hit him.

"You know what else was fun?" I backed away not wanting to know the answer. "Carving That symbol into Joaquin's forehead after I killed him," Fangs and Sweet Pea jumped of furiously. "Your dead," Sweet Pea yelled "You son of a bitch," I pushed Sweet Pea back this time. "What?" Fangs questioned angrily. "He killed Joaquin!" I bit the inside of my cheek angrily. My brother stepped forward to the bleeding middle aged man.

"What do you think Tallboy, huh? Should I let them tear you limb from limb or are you gonna help us get Hiram?" Sweet Pea was breathing heavily slowly calming his anger, and his loyalty to his friend get to him. "I know you have access to him," Jughead was kneeling next to Tallboy. "The man in black would never agree to meet with me. Not unless I have something that he really wants," Jughead and looked at me and I sighed before nodding, already knowing what my brother was thinking.

********************************

"Look guys I don't know if I can handle anymore quizzing," after restless sleep Jughead and I went straight to Archie's house after school. "That's not why we're here. We need your help, Archie. The gargoyle king is Tallboy. We have him locked in the bunker," Archie squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head. "Tallboy's alive?" I nodded "Yeah, he's been hiding in Athens."

"This is our shot to finally smoke out Hiram Lodge," I started. "But we're going to need bait to lure the man in black out of the shadows, and we're betting the thing that he still wants most... is you." Archie nodded slowly "Save your breath, guys. You don't have to convince me to take down Hiram Lodge. I'm in," Jughead smirked as him and Archie shook hands.