Court Room and The Pool Party Fail

As most normal summers go I expected it to be days at Pop's and going to the Sweetwater River but unlike most summers my best friend was arrested right before it started. We sat in a burning courtroom like every day this summer. Here to support our good friend, Archie Andrews.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury the evidence and testimony of this report tell a dark story, " the blonde woman pampered in make up stated. "That Archie Andrews has had a history of violent behavior. That he started not one but two masked vigilante groups. That he assaulted an innocent boy with two broken legs. That he went wilding around the Southside of the town and threatened to shoot a man in the face," I winced the memory coming back to me.

Sweet Pea looked over to me and squeezed my hand. I leaned sideways onto his shoulder and found some comfort in this hot room. "I like your dress," Sweet Pea whispered his warm breath hitting my  ear giving me goosebumps.

Her outfit

Her outfit

"And while parting with his friends on his vacation in shadow lake Mr. Andrews ran into the woods and shot the victim Cassidy Bullik point blanke in the head, " I looked over at Sweet Pea knowing he knew what happened but he kept his eyes forward and his jaw clenched.

"Mr. Andrews claims that it was his girlfriend's father's doorman who shot Mr. Bullik. A shot he claims to have heard but not seen, " Sweet Pea shifted a little in his seat and I grumbled some mean words trying to get comfotable on his shoulder again.

"Who knows the truth of what happened that terrible night at Shadow Lake, " I wanted to yell "he does" pointing at Sweet Pea but Archie didn't want to get him involved. "I'll tell you who. That man," her long skinny finger stretching towards Archie and I glanced over to him. "Archie Andrews may be a varsity athlete and a gentle musician but he is also a cold blooded killer, " she said walking towards him then going to sit down.

"Ladies and gentlemen we know for a fact that Archie is constantly puts the needs of others ahead of his own. We know that he helped to solve the murder of Jason Blossom. We know that he offered friends and enemies shelter when they had no where else to stay. We know that he punched through a river of ice to save the life of his classmate,  Cheryl Blossom. Well let me remind you there were no witnesses to the actual killing. There was no murder weapon,  there was no motive,  at the end of the day all the prosecution has is cloudy testimonies from unreliable people, " I looked st Veronica and watched her face light up when Archie turned back to look at her.

"Now it is my solemn duty as a mother to protect my son,  but as an attorney it is my duty to adhere to the facts, " I snorted softly at how many times she used duty and Jughead nudged me in the rib. I looked over to him and smirked. "To the evidence, " she finished. "There is nothing here that proves that Archie Andrews is anything less than an innocent boy, " I could see Mr. Fred nod and so did I.