A Load of Crap

"The deed, the contract I signed, none of it matters. It was all fake. My dad owns Pops, and the Speakeasy, and I'm a fool for ever trusting him. And, on top of everything he's done to me, he's now planning on buying the entire town." I laughed coldly. "Yeah, Ronnie. You're dad sucks."

Sweet Pea gave me a look causing me a sigh until an idea popped into my head. "Wait a minute. What about all the shady stuff that goes down at the Speakeasy?" Veronica seemed to catch onto where I was going almost immediately. "If it's my dad's name on the deed, can't he be prosecuted for it?"

"Shady stuff as in..." I stepped forward eagerly. "Drinking without carding, and/or illegal gambling, let's say?" Veronica nodded, "Hiram did these things?"

"Well, technically no, not exactly. But if the property were under his name, doesn't that make him liable?" Ms.Andrews turned back to the table. "I think I might know someone who might be able to help."

━━━━━━━━━━

"Ardelia, and I went to Sara Florence together." I sat around the table with my hand in Sweet Pea's. "Now, she's my friend in the FBI." I internally laughed. Bet that's useful.

"The FBI has had there eye on Hiram Lodge for a long time. He served less than a year for embezzlement. So, whatever we can charge him with in the future, it's gotta be gang busters." I turned to Veronica who simply smiled. "How about serving alcohol to minors, and operating an illegal casino? And doctoring books?"

"Aren't those crimes you two committed?" Ardelia questioned looking between Veronica, and I. "My clients can neither confirm, nor deny that statement." Ms. Andrews replied saving our butts.

"Don't worry, we want your father, not you." Archie leant forward "If none of this will be enough to get Hiram arrested, then what will?"

"Catch him red-handed. We need to arrest Hiram commuting a crime in real time." Veronica nodded. "Understood, Agent Ardelia. Let me see what I can do."

━━━━━━━━━

After getting a shift done at Pops, Sweet Pea, and I sat in my bed reading. Jughead's Fall Out Boy ringtone exploded from my phone making me sigh as I shifted around pulling it from my pocket.

AJ- Hello
JUG- I need your help
AJ- But, Jug, I'm tiirrreeed

Sweet Pea leant over to me dropping the chapter book he was pretending to read. "I can help." I could almost hear Jughead smile through the phone. "Actually, that's great. Sweet Pea, I could use you. Big, strong Sweet Pea." Sweet Pea laughed until Jughead mumbled, "Good for questioning."

"Uhhhhh. What?" A laugh fell from my lips. "Sweet Pea, can you meet me at Pops?"

"Uh, yeah, sure."

"Great, thanks." The call went silent signaling Jughead had hung up. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" Sweet Pea shrugged. "I'm not exactly fond of having to leave you, but at least it gets me away from this lame book." I gasped slapping him on the arm. "The Testing is not a lame book, you uncultured swine."

Sweet Pea laughed pecking me on the lips. "I love you." I smiled. "I love you too."

━━━━━━━━━━