Just Talk

I don't remember my alarm going off. Veronica woke me up with a pillow to the head at 12:32. She had just gotten back from a shift a Pops, and her reasoning for not wanting to wake me up was;

  "I thought you were gonna wake up after I left."

I didn't mind though. Honestly, Veronica's bed was a lot more comfortable than the couch of my (now) old trailer. My day was going chill for a while. Veronica told me I could stay at the Pembrooke for as long as I wanted.

So, I did. All until, Sweet Pea, and Fangs requested to meet with me at Pops. I grabbed my bag from under Veronica's bed, and changed in her bathroom. Even though no one was home, I didn't want to risk it.

 After brushing my teeth, and brushing my hair, I drove to Pops

After brushing my teeth, and brushing my hair, I drove to Pops. The two were already waiting for me in the back. "Hey, Pop." I leaned over the bar "Can I get 3 pancakes, and a glass of orange juice." He nodded, and I smiled heading back to the booth.

"Hey, Guys what's up?" I sat down across from the two neither looking very excited. "Hey."

"Hey."

Fangs looked to Sweet Pea, and they both nodded simultaneously. "We're just gonna lay it on ya. We got bad news, and we got not as bad news." I gulped "Okay, give me the bad news first." Before they could answer, Pop walked over, and placed my drink, and plate down in front of me.

"Thanks Pop." He nodded walking away with a smile. "Babe, did you just wake up?" Sweet Pea looked worried, but I simply shrugged. "It's not that important. Can we get back to the bad news?"  His face turned grim again, and he nodded.

"Jughead, sent us on a mission. Said he wanted us to send out a G&G thing for the kill the Red Pallidin thing." That didn't surprise me, I found a voicemail from Jughead when I woke up this morning explaining everything. He even told me about our mom, which means Betty didn't tell him I knew.

"He knows about your mom, A.J. And, he didn't make it seem like he knew about your mom, and the Fizzle Rocks, but he did ask us to look into it. See if we could find anything about the new distributor. But, he asked us to only tell him. For some reason, he only wanted us to tell him the information we got."

What?

"Do you know why?" They both shook their heads. "Why would he do that?" I whispered. Once again, they shook their heads.

I nodded doing my best to process the situation. "We know he said not to tell anyone, but your also the serpent queen, so we figured we had to tell you." I smiled at them, "Thank for telling me, guys." I took a bite from my pancakes.